Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Rhs Side View Mirror

Hi,

The side view mirror on my vehicle on the driver (RH) side does not get heated and evaporate the moisture anymore. Called my local Lexus main dealer and was quoted a price of £321.92 for parts and labour and £282.32 without fitting. Didn't think this would be so dear. Tried calling eurocarparts and carparts4less but unfortunately they don't store them and have pointed me back to the main dealer.

The ones selling on eBay are not auto dimming, though they are heated. I do need the OEM replacement. Spoke to an eBay seller and was advised that to fix these is relatively easy - just firmly grip and pull out and put the new one and push to engage the clip.

Has anyone been on this path before. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

From your post, it sounds like you have dealt with this over the phone only and you do not say that the dealer has actually checked the mirror.

Are you sure that it needs replacing? - Have you unclipped the glass and checked that all the wires are plugged in properly at the back? - Maybe one of them has come loose...

Hi DanD,

The dealership has actually checked the mirror and found it to be faulty. I guess the heating element on the back of the glass has blown up even thought the wiring at the back of the glass assembly is fine.

Generally ordering from Lexus USA means that prices are usually half of what we pay here in the UK, a lot of US LOC members use Sewell Lexus for their parts and they may give additional discounts to LOC members BUT, there is a down side, if your part is stopped by UK customs they will hit you with a handling charge and 20% VAT. Having said that you should still be in pocket compared with UK prices.

If you do take this route remember to confirm clearly which side mirror glass you need, don't just say the driver's side or you may end up with a passenger side given their models are LHD!

List price is around $250.00 or £160.00

There is a breaker on eBay but they may only want to sell the whole mirror but you could transfer the glass only to yours.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lexus-RX400h-2006-year-breaking-for-spares-/221166921016?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3ALexus&hash=item337e936538

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links