Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi From Derby!

Adgti

Hi all.....just before I start I'd like to thank all members for recent advice for buying an IS200.

Went to Preston today to px my 53 plate Vectra diesel for this 51 plate auto!!

123k. History up to 100k with handbooks etc

Love it....love the drive....love the stereo....love the sound.....just needs the interior cleaning really!

It was that quiet on tickover, I was stood next to it and didn't even realise it was running!

Only fault I can find is that it tram lines a lot on the inside lane of the motorway in the lorry tracks!

Still undecided about the black alloys.....but at least there tidy for now.

Hope to meet a few of you at the next meet if I'm welcome!!

Adam

post-45865-0-39465700-1358706907.jpg

Hi from Alfreton and welcome to the LOC :D

Nice buy, personally I like the darker alloys on a silver car, I had a choice of light or dark silver and went for the dark Evo 9 wheels on my LS400.

I know what you mean about quiet, tried a few times to start mine when it was already running, only clue is the rev counter.

If you need any OEM parts ask for Sean at Lexus Derby.

Of course you are welcome to the next meet, only a short drive down the A50 for you or take the country lanes through Breaston and Sawley.

Very nice. I think there's thread about negative camber thread somewhere. It may be a relatively common problem with the is200. There's a place called Wheels In Motion. The other thread has loads of info.

Any car with wide tyres suffers tramlining in the grooves the lorries dig on motorways. You know the ones always on the inside lane. Mine veers off to left then the right like its got a mind of its own Lol! Nothing to do with negative camber although still good advice to get the geometry set up checked.

I sometimes wonder what we pay so much road tax for as it doesn't seem to go on improving the roads!

Very nice. I think there's thread about negative camber thread somewhere. It may be a relatively common problem with the is200. There's a place called Wheels In Motion. The other thread has loads of info.

Any car with wide tyres suffers tramlining in the grooves the lorries dig on motorways. You know the ones always on the inside lane. Mine veers off to left then the right like its got a mind of its own Lol! Nothing to do with negative camber although still good advice to get the geometry set up checked.

I sometimes wonder what we pay so much road tax for as it doesn't seem to go on improving the roads!

Cheers Chris.

Apologies for misunderstanding the actions of the car tram lining/negative camber. So is it just the width of the tyre that can sometimes cause the car to pull without much other reason?

Stuart.

I've experienced it in every car I've had with tyres over 215 wide. I've got 225's on mine and when I see the left hand lane of the motorway has lorry grooves in it I move to the middle lane, shame on me I know but doing 70mph in those grooves can be unnerving!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links