Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Pick Up My New Ls430 Tomorrow - Driving In Snow?

Hi guys

I bought a LS430 earlier in the week and will be picking it up tomorrow afternoon. I am picking it up from Hertfordshire and bringing it back to outskirts of Liverpool around 180 miles. Currently have quite heavy snowfall here. I know the car has a snow setting but do you / can you use this on the motorway at all? Bit nervous first drive in car might be in the snow.

The motorways should be clear anyhow If its your first ls you are in for a real treat, Just an hour ago I sold my 400 after 5 years of blissful ownership. I have very mixed feelings about letting it go ( I even sold it for less money than I have been offered by someone else because its gone to a good home).

I think the snow mode turns off at about 30mph. I think it's more for setting off. You should be ok, but as said, take it steady. I have snow socks for my 430, used with high suspension setting and snow transmission you'll find your car suddenly feels like a four wheel drive!

Lovely cars, and better than I expected in the snow.

In your position, assuming it's snowy when you pick it up, I'd head for an empty car park and have a little play to get the feel of it, before heading home.

Good luck with the car, I'm sure you'll love it.

Hi guys

I bought a LS430 earlier in the week and will be picking it up tomorrow afternoon. I am picking it up from Hertfordshire and bringing it back to outskirts of Liverpool around 180 miles. Currently have quite heavy snowfall here. I know the car has a snow setting but do you / can you use this on the motorway at all? Bit nervous first drive in car might be in the snow.

Going the short way home then?? Enjoy I'm sure you will Mike

I'm sure there is a speed limit for the snow socks so might be wise to have a look at the destructions before fitting.

With regards to driving in the snow, my mk3 has none of these new fangled snow buttons but if you take it easy you will fine.

Just watch out for the other idiots as previously mentioned.

On a side note, its nice to have another North West member.

I'm sure there is a speed limit for the snow socks so might be wise to have a look at the destructions before fitting.

With regards to driving in the snow, my mk3 has none of these new fangled snow buttons but if you take it easy you will fine.

Just watch out for the other idiots as previously mentioned.

On a side note, its nice to have another North West member.

Absolutely! Will keep an eye out for you on the M6 and M62!

I am around Winsford most weekday mornings, so you might see me about when you start your next pallet project.

Can't exactly miss me, my Lexie is a taxi.

Wow, lucky customers! Will certainly keep an eye out for you. As for the pallets, funny you mention that. I was just thinking about another project- perhaps for the spring/summer.

Been learning a lot about driving in snow by watching how people cope with it here in sunny Donny.

First, you have to use full throttle everywhere.

Spin the wheels every chance you get. (It shows everyone that you have awesome power)

If you come to a bendy bit, saw on the wheel and try to go from full lock to lock.

Always use the kerb or roadside bank to keep you actually on the road.

And finally, if you do find yourself unable to stop easily, just use the car in front to slow you down. They won't mind.

Hope these tips help a bit, they should do as lots of folk round here swear by them.

Enjoy the drive

Keith

Been learning a lot about driving in snow by watching how people cope with it here in sunny Donny.

Spin the wheels every chance you get. (It shows everyone that you have awesome power)

If you come to a bendy bit, saw on the wheel and try to go from full lock to lock.

And finally, if you do find yourself unable to stop easily, just use the car in front to slow you down. They won't mind.

Hope these tips help a bit, they should do as lots of folk round here swear by them.

Enjoy the drive

Keith

Brilliant. Mike

Enjoy the drive

Keith

2 things to add..

be on the mobile phone telling you mates how good you are at snow driving

have the lights off because snow is white and other drivers can see you against it

Enjoy the drive

Keith

2 things to add..

be on the mobile phone telling you mates how good you are at snow driving

have the lights off because snow is white and other drivers can see you against it

Ah you forgot that if you do have your lights on make sure that all your fog lights are on as well to blind everyone and also to prove to everyone what a knob-head you are. Mike

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links