Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lpg System/s

egolex

I am really sorry that I did not convert my previous ls 400,when I had it.

and also that i didnt convert this ls 430 earlier.

I would advise everybody to convert asap,especially if you have a big engine.

You will get the cost of the conversion back very quickly,especially if you do a lot of miles.

Safe driving :geek:

• 1 year later...

Not had any replies to this question so assume most cars run on sequential multivalve LPG systems. I've been advised against installing a Single point and looks like I'm going to go the multipoint. The LPG forum has always been a great help on these matters. Very obliging members. Only problem I see is how to shoehorn everything under the bonnet. There aint a lot of space to work other than under the bulkhead passenger side. Seen a vaporiser put there and also one somewhere I can't imagine how it was placed. Need to get the manual on the car and better understand the engine layout. I suspect its doubtful people take off the manifold to install the injector nozzles and this certainly is not going to be a walk in the park! If anyone has photo's of their lpg parts placement I'd be interested to see. Pm me for email address. Been offered a Romano s/h system but thinking about a Prins. Not keen to go s/hand and its not a matter of price although VATdoes bump up purchase price. Not in hurry to grasp the nettle as Merc not yet sold and don't need two cars on the road. Very shortly I hope, as impatient to drive my aging luxury motor.

Thanks Ray. I'm guessing that few run on single point as this was around many years ago possibly before fuel injection, but I have been perfectly happy with it on the Mercedes for the last six years and having delved further into installing a multi point, removal of the top box and manifold disturbing the dirt and petrol injector seatings etc, it all seems far too risky for what may only be an extra few miles per gallon on lpg over a single point system. Just so long as I install a blow back valve then the single point system is not a complex nightmare to fit. Trusting others to do a competent job has always been a difficult thing with me. Costs wise Tinley Tech £600 for all parts including tank and VAT not too expensive.

Hello everyone.

I just joined this forum because i want to buy lexus ls460 2007 and had some questions about lpg and gas consumption.

1. Is it possible to convert ls460 to lpg?

2. What is the consumption in city and highway?

Thanks in advance.

I can't answer your question as I don't know enough about Lexus having only just bought an old one. In my search for answers on the single point closed loop systme which I'm familiar with, I was drawn to this interesting item which makes conversion to LPG a whole lot easier and an begs the question why go the expnse and risk of mulitpoint.

If it works that is!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BLOS-Propane-Carb-LPG-Mixer-Replacement-Performance-and-Economy-LOOK-/221434813304?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item338e8b1b78

• 4 weeks later...

I can't answer your question as I don't know enough about Lexus having only just bought an old one. In my search for answers on the single point closed loop systme which I'm familiar with, I was drawn to this interesting item which makes conversion to LPG a whole lot easier and an begs the question why go the expnse and risk of mulitpoint.

If it works that is!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BLOS-Propane-Carb-LPG-Mixer-Replacement-Performance-and-Economy-LOOK-/221434813304?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item338e8b1b78

I had a single point system on my Mk2 ls400, and it worked fine, until it started to blow up the manifold plastic piping from the air cleaner, with very loud explosions!

The problem was the ignition system, I had some faulty HT leads, which arced across to the neighboring lead, causing a spark in the wrong cylinder, when the inlet valve was open, thus igniting ALL the gas/air mixture in the manifold. This is why they say your ignition system has to be in good condition!

I have a multi-piont systen in my Mk4, which I think is a much more sophisticated system

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I had a Mk2 with a single point system and my current Mk4 is multipoint. As a technical type, I appreciate that the multipoint is, well, more technical and precise.

The single point worked fine, except when my plug leads started to go, and the plastic manifold kept blowing up, needing removed and glued back together a few times.

There is apparently a nice big space in front of the wheel arch for the vaporisor

• 3 years later...

Running well on LPG,

Getting between 400 to 450 kms per 66/68 ? Litres .

70/72 cent Per litre.

I wish lexus still made the ls 400 and the 430.:tank: 

Depending on driving conditions :blowup:???

20180326_173302.jpg

20180321_072440.png

Car sitting in  the the Sun .

Just started it up to take photo.

I am sure if I drove it up the road the Temp would drop.

Global Warming :rockon:

Happy Easter:scooter:

• 1 month later...

My car has a single point system which works fine.

You can switch to lpg earlier before running temp as it is brought in a bit like a carb in the charge mixture.

Ran a 7.5 litre Pontiac on lpg through a carb no problem for years and even started it on lpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links