Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

5 Cars You Would Love To Own

noby76

Unlikely I'll be owning any of the cars below ever but if I could I would!

Top 5 and in that order:

1. Nissan Skyline R34 V-Spec II in BSB or Nür. I'm not picky....

2. Lancia Delta HF Integrale

3. BMW 7-Series E38 L7

4. 1968 Chevrolet El Camino

5. Rover 75 Coupe

nissan-skyline-saloon-petrol_9030827_zpsa197794d.jpg

Lancia-Delta-Integrale-02_zps8b4a5627.jpg

baonnaacm_zpsc94d7443.jpg

1968_chevrolet_el_camino-pic-58460_zps37594061.jpeg

Rover_75_Coupe_Concept_03_zps0d924a37.jpg

Was the 75 coupe ever built? Or was it just a concept? It's lovely. I did like the 75.

Never went into production but oddly enough there's some pictures on the net where one's parked up somewhere. Nice looking thing and 4 proper seats not a weird bench in the back.

Nice choices Ray.

I nearly bought a MG ZT-T which was sort of the sport version of the 75 instead of my IS. It had a 2.5 litre V6. They were the same price but the Lex had lower mileage and I'd always wanted a lexus. Lol...

There's a Rover 75 for sale round the corner on a 53 plate for 700 quid.

Awful lot of car for the money.

Can I change my list to a top 50?

Haha dont we all? :) .. Yeh had an eye for the MG-ZT's but was not convinced about them resolving the headgasket issues so bypassed it and went for the ford Cougar 2.5 V6 then.. but the MG-ZT is a nice looking motor.. if only thier engines were as bullet proof i would...

I have to admit, I really like the MG ZT-T. Big Estates always have a soft spot in my heart. It's the pretence of a grown up family car, but they always have stupidly large engine. The MG 2.5 V6. In an estate? It's like that Zafira with a factory VXR bodykit and alloys!

There's a 2.0 four cylinder diesel available in these Stuart. Same engine as in a little 3-Series BMW. Not overly nippy but it's alright.

They should've kept the Rover L-Series lump going. They were bullet proof!

The ride quality of the Rover 75 blinds the MG-ZT though. Gen1 was nice and classy, the later ones were pretty ugly IMO.

According to good old Wikipedia the MG ZT-T estate was the fastest estate non- production car in the world in 2003! Lol...

The head gasket issue was the main reason I chose the Lex Noby. Japanese reliability persuaded me in the end.

I read summit about that back in the day. Was that on the salts in the US?

Still, if they'd let this out it'll strip it's title but I don't think they'll ever let it see daylight again....

Someone build his own in the UK BTW. Imagine having a one off car! B)

Yeah, the first incarnation of the 75 was a good looking car. During development, Autocar magazine published an exclusive claiming it was a baby Jag. The post facelift models are not nice to look at. I'm not in a place to be looking at a second car, but I can but think abou possibilities.

2. Lancia Delta HF Integrale

Funny you mentioned this car. I just helped my gf move into her new place today, and I noticed a HF Integrale parked next door! It was white in colour and looked like a minter.

First time seeing one in the flesh. Awesome looking thing... I'm gonna try to strike a conversation with the owner tomorrow :P

My top 5 would be - and this is very hard to narrow it down to just 5.

1. Aston Martin DB5, I know it is a cliche

2. Ford Gran Torino (Starsky & Hutch) loved that car when I was a kid & still do

3. Audi Quattro a red one

4. BMW E23 735i - I need something to carry the wife & kids in, but this is when I got into big luxury cars

5. Ford Mustang Fastback (Steve McQueens car from Bullit) love the sound of that car & the Dodge Charger in the chase scene

Other cars would also have been

Mercedes 560 SE from the 1980's along with 500 SL

Porsche 911 Turbo

Audi 200 Turbo

Ferrari 308 GTS

Jaguar E Type

Jenson Interceptor III

Lexus LS400

I would love to include an IS, but I don't understand how Lexus think. For example why did'nt they do the IS200 with a 5 speed automatic? Why isn't the current IS not available with smaller petrol engines instead of the 2.5. For example an IS200 petrol auto. Even the 2.0 diesel is not available as an auto.

1st

1968 Pontiac Bonneville in colour mayfair maize. (The colour is so rare tho i couldnt find a picture) with a 428 Big Block V8. Shame the 455 wasnt available until 1970

497fd5bd-2efe-4745-b751-2cf3245966b5_zps

2nd:
1980 Pontiac Trans Am 4.9 Turbo (very rare), prefered the 1978 design but turbo lump with little LED boost readout in the hood wasnt available!

80ta17_zps16515873.jpg

3:

Dodge Ram Sport extended cab cummins 5.9 Turbo Diesel with 6" stacks and lift kit and a 700BHP+ worth of engine mods so i can beat all you IS-F owners in my pick up truck :D

dodge-ram-2500-sport-01_zps5138e43d.jpg

4:

2004 Ford Thunderbird with manual shift option.

Ford_thunderbird01_bc8b_im_zpsd882a7f7.j

5:

Ill leave this one open as it could change at anytime, but as theres nothing really that fast on the list im leaning toward a cadillac CTS-V Coupe. The only thing that makes me unsure is it looks too small to be a coupe, and that puts me off slightly, but i love everything else about it.

Strasse-Forged-Wheels-Cadillac-CTS-V-Cou

And if you didnt already know, im a american car nut! and have been ever since i was a kid, but when luxury crosses with sport im all for that. and i would also say most of my dream cars are in reach :D

Other cars that tickle my fancy are:
Dodge Ram Charger
Buick Riviera

Mercedes CL

latest Dodge Charger Hemi (old one was a bit roapy)

Jaguar XJR X300 (when it works)

Hummer H3T

Mercury Marauder

GMC Yukon 2DR 6.2 detroit diesel

omg the list goes on lol

There's a 2.0 four cylinder diesel available in these Stuart. Same engine as in a little 3-Series BMW. Not overly nippy but it's alright.

They should've kept the Rover L-Series lump going. They were bullet proof!

The ride quality of the Rover 75 blinds the MG-ZT though. Gen1 was nice and classy, the later ones were pretty ugly IMO.

My dads got the ZT-T diesel with most of the options (there was a big option list) and hes chipped it to 170BHP and its pretty nippy! but personally i hate the ride and the seats are like slabs, but he loves it....

http://www.themotori...port_sedans.htm

So the Journal above is about Sports Sedan/Saloons but which 5 cars would you love to own?

I would love to own…

• 1989 Lexus LS400
attachicon.gifLS400.jpg

Known by the motoring world as a car which redefined luxury cars and how luxury cars should be built. I recon these LS’s will be collector cars as they are known as the first ever Lexus.

• 1990 Mercedes-Benz E500 /CE300
attachicon.gifE300.jpg

attachicon.gifE500.jpg

I used to be a Mercedes lover .. mostly the older models…My dad owned the 1989 Mercedes-Benz 190(modern day C class) and this car went every where. I still recall us doing trips to different countries during holidays in this car and it covered the miles with ease. Never suffered any major break downs only needed oil and coolant changes..very strong cars and they built like war Tanks and I think the E classes have a timeless design to them.

• 1999 Nissan R34 Skyline GT-R (Nismo Z-tune)
attachicon.gifSKYLINE.jpg

There is no other car on the road today which looks like this car. I love the design of this car, I love the speed of this car even though I have not driven one..Yet..its a sexy looking car. Not Italian sexy, not German sexy but Japanese sexy! And these cars are known to give a Bugatti Veyron a run for its money from its 2.8 litre 6 Cylinder engine…I want one now..

• 1999 Honda S2000(JDM Spec)
attachicon.gifS2000.jpg

You gotta love a fast screaming Honda..I love these cars for the sheer fact they are about as close as one can get to a formula 1 engine with regards to revs.. This 2 litre 4 cylinder Honda engine without a turbo charger chucks out 250bhp and revs to 9000rpm not a lot of cars below £100,000 can do this…infact besides Mazda RX8, LFA’s Ferrari’s and Lambo’s no other car revs to 9000rpm in stock form. Sure most will say 250bhp is nothing special but that’s not the point.. These cars out of the box are 100% track cars and No I haven’t driven one on a track before but just watching countless videos of these cars on a race track tells the story of what they are capable of. Around a race track, these 2 litre sewing machines can embarrass more expensive high performance cars with bigger engines and more power. With an engine developing 125bhp per litre this is a master piece of an engine..

• 2001 Lexus IS300
attachicon.gifIS300.jpg

And I happen to own this one. Refer to the link above and see what the Author had to say and I agree 100%..No wonder i keep going on about it in threads smile.png

What are the 5 cars you would love to own?? .Not necessarily a sports car.

my father in law has the merc bug! he just swapped his E350 for a E55 AMG and it is phenomenal. So well built. Hes also got a S430L for his daily driver :D lucky for him he can afford the maintenance but for most its out of the question

And if you didnt already know, im a american car nut!

Well, that sorta answers why you have "V8" as part of your forum name, given that you drive an IS200 :P

Are you also a NASCAR fan?

haha i love my IS and its my name for everything online. and am a petrol head in general tbh. I keep up to date with all the latest motoring motoring journalism american or not.

uno what the IS ive always wanted too. It ticks most of my boxes. Its unique. Its smooth. It sounds nice. Its automatic. Its well equipped. Its comfy. And at this stage in my life when im 25 and dont earn alot i need a car thats reliable, cheap to fix and maintain and reasonable on fuel. A american car is out of the question atm. but that doesnt matter because im emigrating to California end of this year, and also thought ide like to drive something more European while i can, as cars like the IS in the US go for 8k - 12k.

Im not a nascar fan but when it comes to US autosports, i like dragging mopar, sled pulling, mud bogging and general off roading and general show n shine :)

my father in law has the merc bug! he just swapped his E350 for a E55 AMG and it is phenomenal. So well built. Hes also got a S430L for his daily driver :D lucky for him he can afford the maintenance but for most its out of the question

Tell him to give you the keys to the E55. I rate the older Mercs as i personally think they were engineered well not sure about the newer models though. I rode in the E320CDI when i was in Munich as wasnt impressed might have been the basic model but being an E class i was expecting more but inside had no soul. but the S550 i rode in US was crazy the space at the back of that car and the power and sound was mighty for the size of car. I think that is the fastest car i have ever been in and before any one asks am not a millionaire just got the chance as my mate i visited in NY is a chaffeur and owns it. the sound system in that Merc is top class too. nice cars but for some reason i will pick an LS460 F Sport over one might be the Lexus bug

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links