Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Shell Optimax Cards

I have a merc clk I think and one unopened as I had not been bothered. will check it and post it. I think it would actually be really good to beat the fu<kers at their own game. with 3000 members if we can share aprize and agree to sell it and split 50/50 I'm game!

Loz :zee:

Gosh, what a good idea - we've got loads

I'll get Matt to post them all later

Have you noticed that the guys at the garage don't give them to you unless you ask...... I reckon they have the best chance of winning ;)

ok let me let you into a secret ....

having worked in the 'colectables' industry you learn a bit

pokemon "rare" cards

each pack contains the same number of cards

all are the same size and weigh the same appart from the metal coated or shiny ones

so weigh each pack remove the shiny ones and hey presto a full set of rare cards

other chase cards have differing methods the normal one is ....

imagine a card factory one huge printing press printing thousands of the buggers now they are printed and sorted the 'normal' packs make their way into a rapping machine which puts the foil packing on (the bit you rip open and throw away )

now the 'chase cards' the ones you want are on a different conveyor belt on a different machine so the foil is slightly differently sealed

they are then sorted into boxes usually of 46 with one chase pack in

so if the petrol station attendent has half a brain ......

he looks at the back of the un opened packs finds all the different packs

opens it and sells the contents on e bay

s'easy

anyone want to swap the audi tt wheels for the car :mat:

surely the fine upstanding petrol station attendants are too honourable to involve themselves in these edevours. after all. it could be considered theft and then what would their parents think!!?!?! SUrely you've not thought this through mat.. :whistling:

:zee:

ok ok... i admit it, we are fu<ked with no vasaline, just a match and a lttle bit of gassoline... :yack:

just got the M3 Tyres... wonder if I could make them fit the CLK??

reckon I will see what the different garages have around the country to see if there is a degree of regional variaton.

also I recomend that we all by £10 worth of fuel at a time instead of filling the tank. then we get 4 times as many cards and I get to look at the huge norks on the lovely girl at my shefield Shell garage more often.

ohh they make you wanna play with the loose change in your pocket while you wait to pay!

:zee:

2x Chrysler Crossfire - needs Michelin Pilot Sport 225/40/18

3x BMW X5 - needs Michelin 4x4 Diamaris 255/50/19

2x Merc CLK Avant Guarde - needs Michelin Pilot Sport 225/45/17

Merc SLK32 AMG - needs Michelin Pilot Sport 225/45/17

2x Michelin Pilot Sport 225/40/18 - Needs Z4

3x Michelin Pilot Sport 225/45/18 - needs M3 convertable

2x Michelin Pilot Sport 225/40/18 - needs Audi TT Roadster

I'll leave out the duplicates lol...

I got the M3 tyre last night. going up again later see what I can get. if I win today I promise I will stick a lexus badge on whatever it is.

have ou noticed there are no lexi on the list. must be too good to give away!

• 2 weeks later...

Obviously, it seems quite difficult to do anything with the cards each of us have collected so far from the petrol stations since the only car to come out are the BMW X5 (17%), Chrysler Crossfire (23%), and both Mercedes (34 and 26%). The tyres cards distributed are the ones for AudiTT Roadster, BMW Z4 with a percentage of 33% for each of those. And that's it!

:yawn:

;)

I guess most of you guys have collected the cards for Shell petrol station. Wondering if the batch of cards you can collect from the other partners is different, meaning you still can't do anything with them, but it's a different family of cards from those you find in petrol station. Anybody actually went to Kwik-Fit to change an exhaust to get a card? :blink:

Since tomorrow is the last day for collection of cards in Petrol stations, could you all update the detail of your collection so far (including everything - since it's only by working in groups that the odds can be increased) with possibly a mention about where you collected the cards.

:zee:, it's amazing that after the Pokemon on children, they get adults to play with the same concept. That must boost the sales of Optimax petrol, maybe the best chance to make a bit of money is to invest in the ***** Shell shares, :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links