Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Just A Cup Of Coffee

Fidgits

One cup of coffee has 107mg of caffeine, one cup of tea has 34mg, and one glass of cola has 47mg, assuming all are caffeinated beverages.

25% of coffee drinkers consume about five cups daily, and another 25% drink ten or more cups a day. Coffee is not just a beverage, it's a drug. Hundreds of thousands of law abiding citizens are physically addicted to coffee.

It is the caffeine in coffee which makes it addictive, and which accounts for most of the known adverse effects of coffee. However, there are hundreds of other chemicals in coffee. Caffeine is a carcinogen, but coffee contains numerous other ones, created by the high heat of roasting, such as creosote, pymdine, tars and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons. The darker the roast, the greater the potential hazard.

Quitting coffee "cold turkey" can cause mild to severe headaches as well as nausea, anxiety, fatigue and depression, lasting for several days.

A team of researchers examined the relationship between coffee intake and the incidence of Parkinson's disease among 8,004 Japanese-American men over a 30 year period. Of these men, 102 developed Parkinson's disease. The incidence of Parkinson's disease was found to be lower in those who drank coffee. In fact, the men who drank the most coffee were the least likely to get Parkinson's disease. Men who did not drink any coffee were five times more likely to exhibit symptoms of Parkinson's disease than men who drank more than 28 ounces of coffee each day.

Caffeine belongs to the xanthine chemical group. A naturally occurring xanthine in the brain called adenosine is used as a neurotransmitter at some synapses. When adenosine receptors are blocked, levels of the neurotransmitter dopamine increase. Caffeine may protect against Parkinson's disease by blocking adenosine receptors, thus increasing the amount of dopamine in the brain.

Human studies have found an increase in the rate of miscarriages, stillbirths, breech births and low birth weight when given in doses greater than 300mg (an amount equal to three cups of coffee) per day. Pregnant women are also three times slower to metabolize caffeine than nonpregnant women. Therefore, it is recommended that pregnant women consume less than this amount - in fact some doctors say that coffee should be completely avoided during pregnancy and breast feeding.

Caffeine belongs to the xanthine chemical group. A naturally occurring xanthine in the brain called adenosine is used as a neurotransmitter at some synapses. When adenosine receptors are blocked, levels of the neurotransmitter dopamine increase. Caffeine may protect against Parkinson's disease by blocking adenosine receptors, thus increasing the amount of dopamine in the brain.

Thia actually is not true,

Caffeine, along with the other thioxanthenes, enter the cells and bind to the 2nd messenger systems responsible for conveying messages from the receptors to the nucleus, thereby altering the message. Caffeine doesn't actually bind to or block any receptor, unlike nicotine say.

Also, increasing the amounts of dopamine in the brain may help with the symptoms of Parkinson's disease, but not prevent it. It may also induce Schizophrenia like symptoms, as witnessed in Amphetamine users.

Caffeine, along with the other thioxanthenes, enter the cells and bind to the 2nd messenger systems responsible for conveying messages from the receptors to the nucleus, thereby altering the message. Caffeine doesn't actually bind to or block any receptor, unlike nicotine say.

Also, increasing the amounts of dopamine in the brain may help with the symptoms of Parkinson's disease, but not prevent it. It may also induce Schizophrenia like symptoms, as witnessed in Amphetamine users.

so what are you saying

should i give up drinking coffee and smoking

doesnt smoking stunt your growth :lol::lol:

ok.. your gonna tell me your a real doctor right?

if so maybe you could help me with this itching .. ohhh errr maybe i will tell you in private :winky: :whistling::blush:

ok.. your gonna tell me your a real doctor right?

if so maybe you could help me with this itching .. ohhh errr maybe i will tell you in private :winky: :whistling::blush:

he is steve :whistling:

ok.. this is a tad off topic... but i can just say i blame coffeee for it :P

I dont like the way they ram you and beat the crap out of you with that suction hose...

heheh just had a thought.. i dont have to get outta my chair anymore... sod waiting for an appointment.. see Dr Evil (only kidding)

picturing someone asking who my GP is i say "Dr Evil"

sounds kinda cool!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links