Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2014 Is-F Coupe

They may not actually call it the IS-F Coupe, but the prospect sounds appealing: Accoring to a dealer today we will be getting the IS Coupe in the UK in mid 2014, and it will be offered with the 5.0 litre V8 or a twin-turbo 2.0 litre. In my surprise, I forgot to ask the cylinder count for the latter.

However, If it looks anything like this LF-CC Concept, then I'm in.

lexus_lf-cc.jpg

Let's hope the Yen keeps falling against the pound to allow a realistic price.

It wouldn't make sense to put the proper engines just in the RC-F (thanks Noby 76), so I would imagine the saloon would get them too.

My guess is that a twin-turbo 2.0 would fall between a 300h model and the V8. Currently there is very big gap, as they don't bring the IS350 to the UK. I would therefore think it would be out to compete with the BMW 335i (£37k,302bhp), Audi S4 (£38k, 328bhp)and the new 360bhp AMG 2.0 that is coming in the A class, but will probably also appear in the C class. If Infiniti keep a decent engine in theie Q50 replacement for the G37, that will be a competitor too.

So, is it going to be a (relatively) low emission and cheaper 2.0 that might hold its value better; or wait until 9 months after launch and pick up en ex-demo V8 for a massive discount on new price?

Its the initial depreciation hit that benefits us buyers. There is a Nov 2012 one in Milton Keynes with <1000 miles on it for £44,950. I would imagine they would let it go for £43k. That's a lot of car for the money.

I think the ISF holds its value pretty well. Still 50% at 4 years old.

Really??? I paid £21.8K from a lexus dealer with a little over average miles and it was 4 years old, at £58.5K new thats only 37%. Still good mind.

I think the ISF holds its value pretty well. Still 50% at 4 years old.

Really??? I paid £21.8K from a lexus dealer with a little over average miles and it was 4 years old, at £58.5K new thats only 37%. Still good mind.

£58.5k for a 2008? The original owner must of been ripped off when the list price was only £51k back then. £21.8K was a good price from a Lexus Dealer and still is for a 5 year old car now.

Didn't realise the RRP was 51K in 2008. Yes when I purcahsed mine it was the cheapest I could find in the country, (not just Lexus dealers either).

Even so, those are retail prices of 4 year old cars, the previous owner will have been paid a lot less than that for the car in trade in. Which is the actual loss on the car. Anyway its still pretty good, given V8's aren't particulaly popular these days. I guess the relative small no. of cars keep prices up.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links