Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hello chaps : I am going to france next week and as usual need beam deflectors,my nextdoor neighbour is doing the same but says he can change his lights by turning a screw at the back of the headlight unit.I had this system years ago when I was stationed in germany,on a "Simca 1100".I have noticed on the back of the lights on my 400 there is a nut and sign that says L<--->R U.S. only So the question is will this mean that I can change the beam direction using this method,has anyone any ideas what the small nut is for. :)

I would place your car headlight beams on something like a white garage door and then move the nut from one position to the other and observe what happens, the beams should deflect further to the right in LHD mode.

Cheers Steve: I have found out that the american 400 had the fittings on their cars to adjust the headlights with a couple of wheels on the rear of the lights,one for vetical adj,and one for horizontal adj.This was not put on cars for the european market,so it look like it is back to the sticker again. :angry:

Beam deflectors are a bit of a pain to remove took me ages to get the glue off last time I used them - if you use tape you will be able to stop the beams from shining left and blinding people coming in the opposite direction but you will not be able to move the beams to the right.

I've used both and had no trouble with the natives.

Good luck

Bren

• 1 year later...

Unlike the Mercedes handbook, I haven't found any info in the Lexus Hndbook where to place deflectors on the headlights for European driving. Anyone know the answer. Is there grill pattern?

I never buy those things from Half ords or on the Ferry, always use silver duct tape. Easier to remove and if leaves stickiness just a piece of rag with white spirit removes without difficulty. Probably not the thing to do with plastic lens however.

Thanks

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links