Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi Im New Lincolnarea

tiredhero

Hi everyone i am ant, i have been looking into buying a lexus is200 for 2 years now and i was wondering whats the best and worse things to look out for and also is there any other way of finding out if they have a lsd as standard other than looking at the vin ?

Im hoping to be on here for a long time as i have wanted one for a long while and hope to make some new friends along the way.

So hello and how is every one?

Welcome to the LOC. You'll find lots of helpful people on here with lots of really useful advice and experience.

Am up in Lincolnshire a few times a year as I have relations in the Sleaford area.

Can't help you with any info on the 200 though, sorry. I have a 250 myself having moved on from the 220d.

Hello Ant, welcome to the LOC.

The usual things apply when looking at a 200, service history, cambelt change.

Make sure oil and water is clean. Rust isnt usually an issue. Front brakes make sure they are free as are known to seize on sliders.

Check that at least one key has 3 buttons as these are usually the master keys, without a master you cannot get replacement keys coded. To check insert key in ignition and security light should extinguish immediately.(could also be 2 button)

Check footwells are not damp as are known to leak if windscreen not replaced properly.

is200's registered after march 2001 are £50 per year more to tax than pre mar 01.

Sure other members will have some input as well. One last thing you wont regret buying a lexus.

• Like 1

Hi guys, thanks for the warm welcome. Thanks for the advice too, is it true about the is200 with lsd as standard the vin ends in b or c ?

I have alwAys wanted a lexus so i will be happy when i get one,and i will be trying to keep it for ever,might have to get a spare and park it in a garage

I also wanted a IS for many years but waited until i was 25 to make the plunge. Ive owned mine for 5 months now and its everything i imagined. Just amazing. Ive never been someone to care for fast cars so the smooth, quiet and lazy straight 6 suites me.

Its the obvious things to check really, these cars are very reliable and hard to fault.

If you find one with FSH, re-furbed alloys a recent cambelt change youve probably found a winner. Just ask the owner if he changed the tensioner with last cambelt otherwise it wont be long until it starts to fail

There are a few cosmetics and trim levels to consider with these cars too, there was the S, SE and Sport and many additional extras on top too

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links