Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Noob Looking For Information :)

Proudfoot106

Hey guys (and girls)

Im currently looking into buying an IS200 sport :)

Just looking for advice on what to look out for other than the obvious, i know there's a common fault with the brakes binding, but what else?

Also alot of the mid range priced cars seem to be on what i view as fairly high mileage - 135k +.

Whats a high mileage for one of these cars?

Thanks in advance!!

Jamie. :arrrggg-matey:

Welcome to the club Jamie,

Have a read through here, lists quite a few things,the paint under the bonnet does not shine like the bodywork, it's a matt finish from the factory, could be mistaken for accident repair.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/69388-what-problems-would-you-advise-others-when-buying-a-is200/

You've come to the right place! There are loads of knowledgeable folk here who will help you and there are plenty of excellent pre-written resources too in the car-specific forums. Good luck with your search!

Hey Jamie. I have noticed the IS has gone up in value a little bit, i guess because low milers are becoming rarer.... seems anything below 100k is gona cost between 2 and 3k, LE's and 04/05 models even more.... but unless you do alot of miles annually i wouldnt worry about one with 130k. These engine are lazy and designed to last. Just make sure its been serviced and your good to go and anything with above 120k or 12 years old should be on its 3rd cambelt

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links