Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The second car is a member on here cruisermark the first one has been advertised on eBay a few times & I would suggest needs a bowl & some chum. I live in Ilford & could take a look to confirm this.

If you look at the 4th pic and do a close up of the lpg filling point on the rear wing.

Scab city. Looks like the car has herpes.

He will be lucky to get half that asking price.

And all for the sake of spending 20 seconds putting some rust seal when they drilled the bodywork for the filler.

"Rollin Rollin Rollin keep them dogies moving Rawhide" Mike

70 mpg on LPG? My mk4 runs on lpg and I only get the EQUIVALENT of 40 mpg (at best), when taking the price difference between the two fuels into account. That seller has done a good job of talking up his car though. I think he will get somewhere near the asking price. I've noticed recently that 400's are now becoming more sought after especially if in good/exceptional nick. Asking prices have definately gone up a bit in recent months.

70 mpg on LPG? My mk4 runs on lpg and I only get the EQUIVALENT of 40 mpg (at best), when taking the price difference between the two fuels into account. That seller has done a good job of talking up his car though. I think he will get somewhere near the asking price. I've noticed recently that 400's are now becoming more sought after especially if in good/exceptional nick. Asking prices have definately gone up a bit in recent months.

Good examples with plenty of paperwork will always hold their value and sell quicker. Mike

What would put me off is, If he cant be bothered to give it a wash before advertising it . What else couldn't he be bothered to do with the car, It points to being an unloved example.

The front bumper is scuffed 3 wheels kerbed rear bumper scuffs & it looks like a 10 year old child has been driving it (look at the seat position). The one I sold with a brc conversion for £2k was in better nick.

After zooming in on the pics, I've changed my mind!. He WON'T get anywhere near what he's asking. I didn't notice the scuffiness the first time 'round. (Should've gone to Specsavers). Nice half-wood steering wheel though. Wish mine had it.

After zooming in on the pics, I've changed my mind!. He WON'T get anywhere near what he's asking. I didn't notice the scuffiness the first time 'round. (Should've gone to Specsavers). Nice half-wood steering wheel though. Wish mine had it.

I used to wish mine had one of those together with gear knob, I managed to buy a gear knob and I have stopped looking for a steering wheel as I seem to have gone right off the way it looks,I just think its a step to blingy. Mike

My mk4 runs on lpg and I only get the EQUIVALENT of 40 mpg (at best),

But what are your main kind of driving conditions? I mean M/Way, 50/50% M/Way & Town or mainly country roads? the drving conditions make massive differences in mpg

My mk4 runs on lpg and I only get the EQUIVALENT of 40 mpg (at best),

But what are your main kind of driving conditions? I mean M/Way, 50/50% M/Way & Town or mainly country roads? the drving conditions make massive differences in mpg

40 mpg equivalent is pretty good - the best I get out of my 430 is about 32 mpg equivalent - I recon I am saving 45% on fuel costs bearing in mind a couple of glasses of wine this evening (not while driving before you ask). I used to average 22mpg driving my 430 like the war wagon :) So I am very pleased.

LPG is a great investment.

Bren

Help!!!....I'm completly lost here, I thought it was normal to get a bit less mpg on LPG conversions but cheaper cause of the price of LPG, can someone put me right? is it more mpg or a bit less than petrol but cheaper cause of the cost?

Help!!!....I'm completly lost here, I thought it was normal to get a bit less mpg on LPG conversions but cheaper cause of the price of LPG, can someone put me right? is it more mpg or a bit less than petrol but cheaper cause of the cost?

You get a bit less mpg actual 10 to 20 % but petrol is £1.32 a litre & gas 72p a litre. it works out you save around 35 to 40 % on your fuel bills. Equivalent mpg is worked out by the price it has cost you to fill with gas, then calculate how many gallons of petrol you would have got for that sum & divide that into the miles you did on the gas. = your equivalent mpg. I hope that's clear.

I get mid 40's equivalent on my normal commute near 50 on the autobahn mid 50s if I really try 62mph.

I don't use the brakes (52.000 miles out of my last set of lexus front pads on my last ls400).

Or another way to look at it a ls400 on gas costs about the same to run as a 1.6 corolla on petrol.

LPG is a no brainer if you plan to keep the car for 12000 miles the conversion will pay for itself.

If you sold the car after 5000 miles it would still pay for itself as you would get more for the car on lpg.

You get a bit less mpg actual 10 to 20 % but petrol is £1.32 a litre & gas 72p a litre. it works out you save around 35 to 40 % on your fuel bills. Equivalent mpg is worked out by the price it has cost you to fill with gas, then calculate how many gallons of petrol you would have got for that sum & divide that into the miles you did on the gas. = your equivalent mpg. I hope that's clear.

I get mid 40's equivalent on my normal commute near 50 on the autobahn mid 50s if I really try 62mph.

I don't use the brakes (52.000 miles out of my last set of lexus front pads on my last ls400).

The easy way to look at theoretical cost saving is - at my local LPG £73.8 - Premium petrol £1.38 per litre => LPG is 46.5% cheaper than petrol. Factor in 73% efficiency and you have a 34% cost saving. I think 73% is a little conservative for a large engined car drived "nicely".

I believe my real world numbers are 4.171 miles per litre on LPG (on a long run 273 miles 65.39 litres - not being that nice)

I could get 420 miles out of a full tank of petrol (and be crapping myself) which is 5 miles per litre - ish.

Which gives 19.8% more LPG used - a rough calculation but it works out.

Another check - 400 miles on petrol would caost me £115.92 (84 litre tank) - 400 miles on LPG £70 - £46 cheaper on LPG = 40% cheaper - that does it for me. It is cheaper in the real world than the theoretical one.

Bren

The easy way to look at theoretical cost saving is - at my local LPG £73.8 - Premium petrol £1.38 per litre => LPG is 46.5% cheaper than petrol. Factor in 73% efficiency and you have a 34% cost saving. I think 73% is a little conservative for a large engined car drived "nicely".

I believe my real world numbers are 4.171 miles per litre on LPG (on a long run 273 miles 65.39 litres - not being that nice)

I could get 420 miles out of a full tank of petrol (and be crapping myself) which is 5 miles per litre - ish.

Which gives 19.8% more LPG used - a rough calculation but is works out.

Another check - 400 miles on petrol would caost me £115.92 (84 litre tank) - 400 miles on LPG £70 - £46 cheaper on LPG = 40% cheaper - that does it for me. It is cheaper in the real world than the theoretical one.

Bren

My head hurts !!!!!!!

Is it cheaper then on LPG (I'm only joking) Mike

Bren

My head hurts !!!!!!!

No, because you drive more, in fact everywhere any excuse :whistling:

Bren

My head hurts !!!!!!!

No, because you drive more, in fact everywhere any excuse :whistling:

Where we live you have no choice. To get a pint of milk and a loaf of bread is a 14 mile round trip. Mike

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links