Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Typically, a friend had asked me how the Lexus was going and got my usual reply of "Brilliant, best car I've ever owned. Everything still works perfectly."

20 minutes later I realised that the water temperature gauge was below the C mark. It bounces up if I belt the top of the dashboard but otherwise just flops.

Has anybody got a quick - cheap - fix or shall I just live with it?

hi

from what you describe it appears to be an electrical connections issue - possibly behind the clocks - I would remove and check the connections as first point of call.

On the other hand I have never heard of a LS overheating and you could leave it as it.

But I would say - have a look into it and fix it - it will be a lot less hassle than replacing the engine if ever a problem arises with the cooling system

Coolant is up to level and the heater works as it should.

Probably is just a loose connection or a faulty gauge.

I do quite a lot of parking - sorry, I'm sure I meant driving - on the M25 during the week so I reckon any weakness in the actual cooling system would show up pretty quickly.

I have to agree it sounds like a bad electrical connection,either a plug/socket on the rear of the cluster or a bad solder connection in the cluster.

If it is a fault with the sender unit tapping the dash would not bring it back to life.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links