Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rust?

The gs I recently bought has zero rust on it. Is this common? Do even the old Lexus' just not rust? I have never known a 14 year old car to not even have just a little bit right under a arch or something but this is immaculate and never seen a body shop.

Just wondered if this is usually the case?

The gs I recently bought has zero rust on it. Is this common? Do even the old Lexus' just not rust? I have never known a 14 year old car to not even have just a little bit right under a arch or something but this is immaculate and never seen a body shop.

Just wondered if this is usually the case?

If cars (not just Lexus) are well looked after then it should not have any sign of rust.

• Like 2

Niall, I doubt you would find rust on even a 1989 LS400 either ........ if you can locate one that is !

Malc

Might be very hard to locate. The LS400 wasn't introduced to UK until 1990 so if you found a 1989 LS400 it would be an import.

• Like 1

Mine's the same as Chris and Pete.... but wish I could say the same about Lexus's wheels though :ph34r:

Ar but the wheels still don't rust they just peel and corrode!

It's only the scabby wheels that are an issue, oh, and also the stupidity of not making ( on the LS400 ) the entire exhaust from such high quality stainless steel ... those Y pipes and flanges are a bit of a letdown, but only after 18 years or so I guess.

And that dreadful situation is possibly acceptable ...... as all other cars would have had at least one whole new exhaust assembly by then I surmise,

Malc

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links