Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Abs Pump Woes

Frosted

Just wanting a bit of advice is possible.

I have sc430 which has been diagnosed by toyota croydon as having abs sensor in pump not working thus giving me all sort of lights on the dash, specifically pretty much all I believe. They want £2700 to replace it.I rang ecutesting and they told me they never heard of it and asked me for the part number

Just wondering if anyone can help me with

part number for the abs pump

part number for the abs module

are there any other cars that that use the same pump

has anyone ever reconditioned theirs

any sort of advice welcomed

Made a few calls and it seems the cheapest I can find is £1700 from a toyota parts store or £1100 for a reconditioned unit from 247spares. Im hitting a brick wall as searching for the terms lexus sc430 abs pump, as most are US hits.

Wednesday its going in to indy to remove the abs pump so we can get the part number, yes that is what I have to do

Thanks in advance

Pump part number as follows

47960-30030 Pump Assy, Brake Booster £1250.00.

Have the Nitrogen accumulator checked as these cause problems on other models if the pressure falls.

Just check to see if your brake lights are working.

Have a look on eBay under sc430 ,there's a breakers yard in Bolton scrapping one ,they might still have that part ,its an 05 plate it might save you a fair bit .I'm sure they could post it for a charge.worth a call .

Thank you, I shall start ringing around at lunch time. I spoke with the breakers yard that have that grey 05 on eBay and they told me that the ABS pump is the first thing that went.

Pump part number as follows

47960-30030 Pump Assy, Brake Booster £1250.00.

Have the Nitrogen accumulator checked as these cause problems on other models if the pressure falls.

Just check to see if your brake lights are working.

www.ECUtesting.com still cant find the part with that number and bba reamen said that the booster unit is not the abs pump itself. Think ill have to remove it tomorrow and send it to them. Has anyone dealt with them by any chance ?

Should teach me in future not to trust anyone grrrr.....

• 5 months later...

Update

Bought Used ABS unit 2 weeks ago and gave it to the mechanic to fix, when he romoved the old unit he noticed another wire which was unplugged. Re conected it and behold its working fine.

Im happy on one hand but really ****** off with Jemca Croydon.

Anyway, I shall be keeping the other unit as spare or for sale if anyone gets in the same position

From my reading apparently the unit from the ls430 also fits even though it has a different part number

Mike

More bad news about inadequate dealers who don't look after the customer... I just dispair at the lack of professional behaviour by these garages. In they main they are staffed by monkeys. Ps thanks for updating us on this one it sounds worth knowing about..

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links