Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

European Is300 Vs Us Is300

Crash bars

Daytime running lights...... :wub:

We get an auto (I think you get a manual?)

I assume different emmissions..... :huh:

a darn sight cheaper....... <_<

a load more mods available....... :yawn:

Can't think of anything else at the mo..........

:zee:

how does it do 7.3 in the US but 8.2 over here? does it have a different gearbox? thought it was the same e-shift?

Yeah, how come the US gets an extra 3bhp on their 5-speed eShift? :crybaby:

If I wrote to Lexus GB d'ya think they'd send me my extra 3bhp? :shifty:

I guess the European emmision laws reduce our power and the fact that economy is more important over here than in the US so the engine is slightly de-tuned. Taking into account the low power fuel we must be 10bhp down on the US models.

However with the large different in 0-60 times there must be some other differences - lower gearing maybe?

Even worse for the 4.3 V8. They have 300bhp in the US, we only get 279!

Got me thinking this did - thought I'd try a few timings.

Best 0-60 in "D" (fully auto) with ECT PWR set to OFF was 7.48s. Interestingly the same run with ECT PWR turned ON was worse - 60mph came up in 7.70s..??

However, I admit my technique was very unscientific! Just me, a quiet, flat, dry road, ¼ tank of fuel, no pasenger, and the stopwatch function on my Nokia 6100 phone! :winky:

Didn't try eShift or semi-manual modes, would probably have dropped the phone & crashed while fumbling around for it! :duh:

Got me thinking this did - thought I'd try a few timings.

Best 0-60 in "D" (fully auto) with ECT PWR set to OFF was 7.48s. Interestingly the same run with ECT PWR turned ON was worse - 60mph came up in 7.70s..??

However, I admit my technique was very unscientific! Just me, a quiet, flat, dry road, ¼ tank of fuel, no pasenger, and the stopwatch function on my Nokia 6100 phone! :winky:

Didn't try eShift or semi-manual modes, would probably have dropped the phone & crashed while fumbling around for it! :duh:

It appears to me that the ECT makes the slippage, delay, or whatever it is in the 1 to 2 shift worse. I seem to get the best runs with the E shift engaged and just letting the transmission shift itself. (my 2002 has had the ECU reflash, by the way).

Yes, with the ECT turned ON it definitely delays the shift into 2nd, which is where it loses the edge.

Certainly in semi-manual (i.e. using the gear shift lever) or eShift & starting off in the lowest gear, the take off is much quicker. Will have to try some timings another day.

My is300 is european version as well.. coz i live in australia.. i didn't know that the speed has such dramatic difference.. there must be something they put extra on the US IS300s. I wonder what is it.

We could compare RPM at a certain speed in top gear. That would tell us about the overall gearing.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links