Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Front Brake Disc Retaining Bolts?

uncleterry

Hey all, I talked about this in my main car thread but wanted to ask see if anyone knew over here too.

Taking my wheels off on Saturday I noticed my brake discs weren't screwed onto the hub. Obviously its held by the wheel when fitted but there are threaded holes that look as though they should help alignment - I noticed the brakes were rubbing on and off when rotating the wheel with it up in the air and after I refitted it more carefully, one bolt at a time (unlike the tyre place who probably did them up last) it was much more even.

I had my front discs and pads changed earlier this year at my Uncles garage and was there while he did them, I would have noticed if there were bolts left over so I'm guessing they were left off at some point before I owned the car. Bit annoying if this is the case.

Anyone know where I can get some of the exact retaining bolts/screws meant to be in there? No idea if they're hex or torx etc etc, if anyone can tell me the size etc if they have had to fit them before... if not I'll give Lexus a ring and see if they have any.

Obviously its held by the wheel when fitted but there are threaded holes that look as though they should help alignment

No, they are just there you help you remove the disc if they are a bit tight on the hub.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all im new to all this but was wondering if anyone could help when I bought my car it had brake judder the garage said warped discs so replace with new and pads but I have noticed a knocking noise when braking at slow speeds my friend looked at the pads and said they were not in the right way the metal pad clips or something but said my slide pins are a bit seized plus my dad has a is200 se and his brakes have these metal shims or plates on the brake pads mine does not im wondering if the garage left them off I don't know how important they are any help cheers George.

• 2 weeks later...

A bit naughty the garage leaving them off, wouldn't go there again!

They are normally stainless steel so never rust and should last the lifetime of the car.

The shims come as a complete axle set from Lexus, part number should be 04945-30120.

The price.... around £60.00 !

Hi yes spoke to lexus manchester about getting them replaced they tell a few garages when replacing pads just take the old ones off and throw them in the bin with shims still attached what sort of chimps work on cars these days im no mechanic but I can replace discs and pads.dont surpose there anr any lexus breakers around here im probably being a cheapskate

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links