Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Newest Satnav I Can Fit In A Lexus 2002 Model (Is 200)?

Hi,

I've just recently bought a Lexus IS 200 (2002) model. I'm wanting to fit a satnav in the highlighted area below, but from my brief research I've been told I can only fit a very old satnav (pre-2005) in there. I've been told I could also install a pioneer satnav where the stereo is, which would be newer but that would give poor sound apparently and would require more drastic fitting work, as opposed to just fitting one on top.

Ideally, I'd want to fit a satnav that is relatively new (2009+), as I've gotten used to satnavs with lane guides etc.

I was just wondering what options I have to do this, if any? Or am I stuck with very old satnavs?

Installation wouldn't be an issue as I have a friend who could fit it all in, just wondering if there are any compatible and newish satnavs that I could fit.

Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions.

q55z.jpg

hi I think the best option for you would be to get a double din stereo with sat nav and fit it where you have currently got your old stereo,shouldn't be too much of an issue to source and have one fitted.

hi I think the best option for you would be to get a double din stereo with sat nav and fit it where you have currently got your old stereo,shouldn't be too much of an issue to source and have one fitted.

Thanks for your reply. Would I have any issues with the sound from a double din stereo + satnav?

hi to be honest I don't know although if new stereo is of similar wattage to old one and if fitted properly I wouldn't think so,but if a lot more powerful etc,you will and probably need more powerful speakers too.hope this helps.

• Like 1

If you dont mind a bit of DIY, you can do what i and a few others have done. Buy an original sat nav pop-up screen and install your own sat-nav, mio,sony ect.

Will get some pics up later today, been meaning to start a thread for weeks.

• Like 1

If you dont mind a bit of DIY, you can do what i and a few others have done. Buy an original sat nav pop-up screen and install your own sat-nav, mio,sony ect.

Will get some pics up later today, been meaning to start a thread for weeks.

Thanks for the suggestion. Looking forward to seeing the pics...

Ideally, I would've liked to have done the same as Ian and made use of an OEM motorised screen, but my lack of electrical knowledge was a stumbling point. I'm not keen on having an aftermarket head-unit either, so, I just settled on a semi-permanent solution by trying to install/position an off-the-shelf unit as neatly as possible.

IS200-34_zps1092a863.jpg

It's fixed to the dash using the normal windscreen sucker on a self-adhesive mounting disc. Pretty solid, doesn't vibrate etc and it can be removed and replaced quickly. Plus, I retain the use of my pop-up storage bin.

The power/charging cable is concealed by running it down behind the air vents and stereo etc and fits into a flush-mount USB port in the cigarette lighter socket ( one of http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200944699285?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649'>these ).

Something that looked messy would annoy me, but I'm quite happy with this. As a bonus, the nav unit has Bluetooth for hands-free calling.

Assuming the footprint area of the standard dashboard shelf is big enough, you could do something similar. In fact, it would look more discreet than what I've got since it would be sitting lower down in the dash.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links