Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi Everybody.. I have a Boot Leak on my Lexus LS 400 1995..I seem to remember some while ago reading about this problem before.. Can anyone tell me where I can get a boot seal, who sells it, what length I need and approx how much its costs?..... I seem to remember that one of the members had bought a length of some type of seal that did the job perfect. Can anyone of you help? Thank you all Roy.

Hi to you all again, Re new boot seal, to let all members know that 4 meters is not quite long enough. I have just fitted the length of seal from Seal Direct, and it was approx. 2.5 inches short.. I have managed to use part of the old seal to complete the job, and up to now on test, the boot is dry... so to be on the safe side anybody that requires a new seal allow that little bit more in length. The person to contact if you require a seal is Ian at Seals Direct telephone number 01425 617722... Cheers Roy.

PS. The type of Seal is ETS59

Can't remember how much I ordered some months ago, when cut I had a little left over and joined/sealed the ends with impact adhesive.

Certainly cured the problem.

Mark.

Is there a lexus rubber or an after market rubber that is complete, i.e. doesn't require a join ?

Malc

You have to have a cut piece, as the boot hinges get in the way and you have to thread the seal round. I bought 4 metres just the other day, as advised on here, and it isn't long enough you need 5 metres.

Is there a lexus rubber or an after market rubber that is complete, i.e. doesn't require a join ?

Malc

You have to have a cut piece, as the boot hinges get in the way and you have to thread the seal round. I bought 4 metres just the other day, as advised on here, and it isn't long enough you need 5 metres.

If you can buy it uncut, you can certainly fit it, as I took mine off in one piece to apply mastic, then refitted it, still in one piece.

I've now fitted a new seal however, and found 4 metres to be slightly short, but by giving a gentle pull, after demounting a couple of feet of trim, was able to stretch to the extra inch or so required.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links