Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Audio / Nav Frustration

New update: Yesterday, I updated iOS to 8.1.2. Seemed like a simple update, nothing related with connectivity problems, but it worked for me! This was the first time I managed to connect to the internet through my Lexus EU account! So if you tried before with an iPhone, it could be useful to try again after updating to iOS 8.1.2!

Mine connected and worked but just wait till you have to make a call at the same time while the internet connected. Maybe its fixed but this used to drive me mad, the phone was constantly disconnecting.

Since I've installed a little MIFI dongle for the internet the phone has been rock solid as a phone only,

I'm not certain but think it depends on your carrier. I'm with EE and have no problem with internet traffic being activated and using the phone. I seem to remember someone here having a Vodafone set up and it not working as you could only use one channel at a time (it's probably more technical than that but you get what I mean).

New update: Yesterday, I updated iOS to 8.1.2. Seemed like a simple update, nothing related with connectivity problems, but it worked for me! This was the first time I managed to connect to the internet through my Lexus EU account! So if you tried before with an iPhone, it could be useful to try again after updating to iOS 8.1.2!

Mine connected and worked but just wait till you have to make a call at the same time while the internet connected. Maybe its fixed but this used to drive me mad, the phone was constantly disconnecting.

Since I've installed a little MIFI dongle for the internet the phone has been rock solid as a phone only,

I'm not certain but think it depends on your carrier. I'm with EE and have no problem with internet traffic being activated and using the phone. I seem to remember someone here having a Vodafone set up and it not working as you could only use one channel at a time (it's probably more technical than that but you get what I mean).

That was me. Vodafone seems to turn off data signal if you're on a call to attempt to maximise signal strength. EE, which im on now, doesnt appear to do this.

However, Android phone with WiFi Hotspot and VersE didnt appear to mind. Maybe it is different with an Iphone.

That was me. Vodafone seems to turn off data signal if you're on a call to attempt to maximise signal strength. EE, which im on now, doesnt appear to do this.

However, Android phone with WiFi Hotspot and VersE didnt appear to mind. Maybe it is different with an Iphone.

Interesting? I'm on Vodafone too which could have explained it. I'm not bothered now, works well now I use separate devices. Mifi works great for the tablets on longer journeys too.

Well car serviced today and upgraded to Version F. I had backed up all my memory points, but didn't need to as everything is as was. Interface seems slicker, but haven't noticed any differences so far. Phone still paired and still can't read SMS on the car!

Well car serviced today and upgraded to Version F. I had backed up all my memory points, but didn't need to as everything is as was. Interface seems slicker, but haven't noticed any differences so far. Phone still paired and still can't read SMS on the car!

The SMS issue must be the phone. E.G. The Iphone shows and reads the text, but the ability to reply doesn't show up. With some phones you can reply to texts. It's something to do with the Bluetooth protocols I believe.

Sent from my iPad using Lexus OC

Lexus compatibility says it should work, the phone says car is asking for permission to read messages which I grant, but it doesn't work, it tries, waits then fails. However, not really bothered. All else looks good so far.

My Iphone updated to IOS 8:1:2 & phone connectivity to my F-Version Nav was somewhat imperfect.I disconnected my Iphone & when I reconnected the Iphone description had changed from Iphone to iPhone(3) & issue resolved----it may be worth checking(?)

Tel

Unpaired and repaired the phone straight away, as previous version E upgrade had issues. Still doesn't work. No worries really. Rest of Version F seems more stable so far. Though there are still some functions that don't work, such as nav popups in the instruments. Maybe Version G will fix?!?

QUESTION:

I updated to "F" yesterday and was delighted to find detailed map details appearing before each junction *on the dashboard in front of me*, something I had lost after a previous update.

However, last night (continued today) I lost them again! Urrgh! Any ideas?

Ian, I had them on VerE for a while, but lost them. Came back sporadically, but not seen them since upgrade to VerF. Try putting the unit into diagnostic mode using the Menu button hold and turning the lights on/off, whilst power/ignition is on. When your power off, it forces a full restart of the system. This has made it work for me on the past for a while.

QUESTION:

I updated to "F" yesterday and was delighted to find detailed map details appearing before each junction *on the dashboard in front of me*, something I had lost after a previous update.

However, last night (continued today) I lost them again! Urrgh! Any ideas?

Isn't that just a setting you can turn on/off?

• 4 weeks later...

Just by way of update - I went into the dealer and upgraded to 'F' on 22 December, and all is perfect.

I find I get the navigation in the dashboard (really useful) provided all the voice options are ticked 'on'. I used to have them off. Now I just have the voice volume at zero but technically 'on', I find it works.

(I don't worry about whether my contacts are properly updated so can't vouch for that.)

I find I get the navigation in the dashboard (really useful) provided all the voice options are ticked 'on'. I used to have them off. Now I just have the voice volume at zero but technically 'on', I find it works.

You are a genius my friend !! Lost the pop up dash nav with F upgrade. I too had one of the voices off, switched them all on and low and behold I have dash nav pop-up in all it's lovely blue glory !! Happy Days :driving: :zee:

You are a genius my friend !! Lost the pop up dash nav with F upgrade. I too had one of the voices off, switched them all on and low and behold I have dash nav pop-up in all it's lovely blue glory !! Happy Days :driving: :zee:

That's excellent news, but why oh why would turning the voice off disable the dash nav, just doesn't make sense.

Sent from my iPad using Lexus OC

Yep, I agree and I tried turning everything back on today too ( I had the voice prompts and voice in all modes turned off) and it didn't make any difference, still no Nav popups. :megaangry:

• 2 weeks later...

Think I found it - is it on the Map config option on the main Nav Screen Menu?

Either way it doesn't work.

Does anyone with a F-Sport model, with premium nav and version V3101F software get the nav pop-ups on the dash display?? If so what combination of settings/selections are you using, 'cos mine doesn't work at all. :(

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links