Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Audio / Nav Frustration

I'm following this closely.

Lexus UK better be following it as well.

I'm not even going to sit in one in the showroom until I'm convinced this is sorted.

I still can't believe customers are having this problem.

Argento (Apple fan)

Argento,

You might also want to closely follow up the topic on "Potential manufacturing defect" before considering an IS300h. This is an issue I would consider far worse than Bluetooth not working for 100%; some of us can't drive at 1300rpm without the transmission threatening the rattle the car apart. Thinking of all the Toyota's they've recalled a few weeks ago makes me wonder if we all won't be bringing back our IS's!

On a brighter note, I've replaced my Nokia 700 with a Nexus 5 and it works very well - far better than the former. Must agree, though, that the automatic read out of text messages can be embarrassing!

Platypus, thanks for that.

I will follow it up.

I did not know anything about this problem.

You're right, it is more serious than the Bluetooth problem.

< .... .. some of us can't drive at 1300rpm without the transmission threatening to rattle the car apart. >

I can't stop reading this. Can't believe it?

Nice to know you are getting on well with your Nexus 5

Argento

My relatively minor problem - I can't use 'Online Search' or send a route to my car in 'Connected Services' (I can do it my saving it to my USB) - remains despite two updates (to Version 'C' yesterday).

When I go to 'Online Search' I get error message 'ID=00'. When I try to download a saved route, I get 'ID=214' and the system freezes.

Lexus Belfast has looked at it several times and assumed the updates would resolve this; but they didn't. The team are doing all they can I guess, but I really wish they would stop quizzing me about my phone - it is nothing whatsoever to do with the phone! The phone connection is fine - and I *do* get traffic updates.

Not the worst problem in the world, and I appreciate when you're buying new in the first model year this is always a risk. That said, the principle stands that I haven't *quite* got what I bought...

My C version sometimes show up with black map on startup. I am using split view with 3 different things. The map is black but if i open up a menu and then go back (home button) it shows the map correctly again.

An update on mine:

The system is now showing all the faults it has since the beginning and none of the software updates have made any difference. I know individually they seem like minor things but you just don't know what the system is going to be like on a day to day basis and it drives me mad when it plays up.

I have been keeping in contact with customer relations and we have arranged for the technical team to come and have a look at my car at the end of next week for a couple of days.

I'll let you all know how I get on.

• Like 1

Through my.lexus.eu you can download firmware version VC03101D including instructions how to upgrade your system.

Go to the e-Store and buy the download for free. Then go to My Account -> My Dashboard and you should find the firmware under the Download tab.

I did the upgrade yesterday but cannot say yet if things have improved.

Cheers,

Gerald

Hey Gerald, followed the instructions on the Portal but the download file does not seem to be a .zip file as stated in the download instructions. It has a .KWI file which I cannot do anything with!! Any ideas? Also, it says that the download is for Traffic updates, doesn't mention anything about VC03101D!

Strike that last post! The .KWI file is the file to put on the stick :) I didn't have to unzip any .zip file as the instructions on the portal said. It was already extracted. Anyway, did the update ok. Again the instructions were not quite right for doing the update as I had to initiate the update via the setup menu. The file was then found and I could elect to proceed. At this point it identified the upgrade as VC03101D and asked for confirmation to proceed. The upload went through and I was prompted to turn off the engine and turn on again. The updated then completed and the system restarted. Done.

Edit: After re-reading the english PDF version it turns out the setup menu guidance including screenshots is also included just like the Dutch version.

Yes, the download instructions in My Dashboard -> Download tab are confusing. As you found out already in this case its a .KWI file that you have to copy to the root of a USB stick. Did you use the installation guide found under the Help Docs tab in the e-Store? The instructions in this PDF document are right for the Dutch version. I noticed some differences with the English version which misses some screenshots and guidance to go to the setup menu first.

See:

http://myportalcontent.toyota-europe.com/estore/assets/updates/Lexus/3.1/helpdocs/Lexus%20Navigation%20traffic%20Update%20EN.pdf

http://myportalcontent.toyota-europe.com/estore/assets/updates/Lexus/3.1/helpdocs/Lexus%20Navigation%20traffic%20Update%20NL.pdf

Great that we can access the update, I'm away so won't be able to have a go for a week or two. Be good to hear if it does the job!

Reading the PDF it talks about the traffic update facility only. Are we sure this includes an update to iron out many of the other bugs being experienced?

The traffic update system works already for me.

There are no release notes or at least I cannot find them. So its unknown to me if any bugs/issues have been solved between version VC03101A and VC03101D. After the upgrade I discovered yesterday that my phone was not connected (Samsung Galaxy S3) and had to switch off/on the car to fix this. Also controlling my iPod is still very slow. Play/Pause/Next/Prev takes about 3 seconds...very annoying.

Looking at the screenshots in the PDF you will see an upgrade from VC03101A to VC03101C. So it may very well be that VC03101C already has the real-time traffic information update.

The traffic update works both off radio and the phone (as modem) in theory. But in my case, it's on the former.

I used the Sat-Nav today but no longer appear to get the turn-by-turn instructions on by dashboard display. Has anyone noticed this? Have I turned something off or is it yet another fault?!

Ian, the turn-by-turn disappeared from my dash a long time ago in the A-version software but miraculaously returned with the C-version update. I thought I had done something in the navigation settings which got a reset with the update.

I really like that feature and would hate to see it go with an upgrade! The new CT is out any day and I'm minded to sit tight (very unlike me lol) and wait for a few more updates. They sell a iot more of them so the.feedback should increase.

My only issue is the phone favourites dropping, hardly a major defect.

The Sat Nav split screen when approaching a Junction to highlight the road you need to turn into has always been available & can be set in the Main Menu.

Tel

6 weeks in and mine has now frozen twice in a week! Still on version B. Thought I'd got away with it. Strangely the mpg in the instrument display continued to change but on the central MMI the trip and energy display was frozen. Sat nav was 'alive' and I could change radio stations, the menu didn't work though.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links