Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hoping To Be A New Lexis Is 200 Owner Over The Wkend

Well after looking over the forum the last few days I have certainly decided that I am going to look at a few IS 200's this weekend.

So could anyone direct me to a buying guide at all? I think the Sport is my favoured option or the SE model.

Does the forum run meets ect???

Regarding meets we have a few run throughout the year. In fact there's one in november...link in my sig below.

Have a look through this thread, i had 3 is200's and an is300 in my time and you won't regret getting one., follow advice in the below thread and you won't go far wrong.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/69388-what-problems-would-you-advise-others-when-buying-a-is200/

Well after looking over the forum the last few days I have certainly decided that I am going to look at a few IS 200's this weekend.

So could anyone direct me to a buying guide at all? I think the Sport is my favoured option or the SE model.

Does the forum run meets ect???

Take a look at HONESTJOHN.CO.UK "car by car breakdown"

Good Hunting

Regards

I also was looking forward to owning a Lexus, till I bought one ! Go for a BMW or something else ... Ford Ka frinstance !

Ps, You want to buy my IS200, it only needs a few things doing, like a total rebuild for starters ? :whistling:

Sorry for being so negative.

Sounds like the previous owner thrashed it hard and never bothered with maintainance....Fortunately he managed to get rid before it fell over....

Even the newest IS is 8 years old now so they are getting on a bit but the nice thing is that the IS is easy to work on and pretty cheap for spares..

They are an amazing car but they do not forgive poor servicing. They will bite you in the ***** if they've been neglected. Be very wary about cars that haven't had long and multiple owners in a short space of time. Look for receipts or service history. If there are none to hand then walk despite what story the owner has. Anyone who genuinely looks after their car is proud to show off the service and repair work they've had done.

What you are looking for is someone who has owned the car for a number of years, looks like they have cared for it and has a big folder with lots of bits of paper in it.

Hope you manage to find a good one Gavin and as Lance says they are an amazing motor, even mine in it's poorly neglected state but not quite beyond help is a joy to drive, I will just have to cut down on the luxuries like gas electricity mortgage food etc to get it back up to scratch ....

Gavin, as mentioned elsewhere in this thread I'd strongly advise getting one with a good service history, not because they are unreliable but a car that has been well looked after and maintained should be free of a lot less "previous owner" problems. There are plenty out there and although a cheaper one might sound attractive in the long run they are usually cheap for a reason.

Ask plenty of questions on here as there are a lot of helpful people and enthusiasts who will help steer you in the right direction on a possible purchase.

Good luck in your search, keep us posted.

Hi Gavin

I absolutely agree with the above. I recently bought an IS 200, believing all the stories about the lady losing her receipts during a recent house move, etc. My heart ruled my head and I bought it anyway after knocking £400 off the price. I've been trying to fix it ever since. They really are great cars when looked after but I wouldn't touch any car now without the FSH and work receipts. Also, worth checking it's history online. For about £30 you can get reports on finance, write-offs, MOTs, etc.

Good luck.

Definitely get one with Service History... I bought mine just over a year ago and it had a full service history including stamps and loads of receipts for service parts and things here and there...

I havent had any problems with it at all (touch wood) i've just serviced it, only oil, air filter and oil filter, then had an MOT done, it passed with ease and the fella said it looks like its been looked after, the car will outlive me lol....

I'm also in favor of buying one with full Lexus history, I have a IS300 with full history, I know every jobs its had done since it was new.

If you are undecided between a 200 or 300, go for the 300 you won't regret it :)

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links