Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Ahh the disabled badge holder abuse argument.

You will never ever solve this problem no matter what you do, apart from removing the blue badge completely.

It is something that will run and run and be abused, argumented over, abused again and so on.

I just don't bother any more, although just once i would like to park my big truck in a couple of disabled bays just to see what happens when i get out the cab, will anyone say anything.

You will never ever solve this problem no matter what you do, apart from removing the blue badge completely.

It is something that will run and run and be abused, argumented over, abused again and so on.

I just don't bother any more, although just once i would like to park my big truck in a couple of disabled bays just to see what happens when i get out the cab, will anyone say anything.

Why does it cause so much heated argument? The law of this land is that on the highways of this country to use a disabled bay you need a Blue Badge. This is not true on private land such as supermarkets or public car parks. Anyone can use these disabled bays even if you are not disabled, you may get given a ticket (invoice) from the company that owns or runs that car park for failing to display a blue badge but this is very rare.

Stealing, Fraud, Robbery, is not only criminal but anti social most people would agree.

If you use the disabled bays without a blue badge or using a blue badge wrongly you are committing all the above but somehow feel that's OK as you are only going to be 5 mins to drop some things off at the charity shop and because of your good deed the disabled person can either wait while you go about your charitable duties or bugger off and find somewhere else to park. I think you get the picture by now. Using a disabled bay is as anti social as drink driving. theft, fraud & robbery. We are given a blue badge as many of us would just not go out. I got to that stage before my wife made me get one and when it arrived I felt as though I had been given back my freedom, so when you next go to use one of these bays wrongly please just remember you are no better that the rest of the fraudsters, thieves, robbers & drink drivers that infest our society.

PS please feel free to say whatever you feel when you see this sort antisocial/criminal act going on by these antisocial people.

• Like 3

I am not disabled and am very thankful for that having just nursed my wife through an hip replacement and see how she coped for 12 week not mentioning once the pain she was in post op.I have been a professional driver all my working days and have driven all over the world .I can honestly say I have never parked in a disabled bay and even to the extent of not being able to park at all and having to move on.

There is a resentment in some people against special treatment being awarded to others whatever the circumstances and it would be better dealt with if they could just think for a minute what that means to the affected person. Rememberence Sunday as just passed and it remembers those who died for us so we could live free speak free and consider those who need consideration most.

• Like 3

Why does it cause so much heated argument? The law of this land is that on the highways of this country to use a disabled bay you need a Blue Badge. This is not true on private land such as supermarkets or public car parks. Anyone can use these disabled bays even if you are not disabled, you may get given a ticket (invoice) from the company that owns or runs that car park for failing to display a blue badge but this is very rare.

Stealing, Fraud, Robbery, is not only criminal but anti social most people would agree.

If you use the disabled bays without a blue badge or using a blue badge wrongly you are committing all the above but somehow feel that's OK as you are only going to be 5 mins to drop some things off at the charity shop and because of your good deed the disabled person can either wait while you go about your charitable duties or bugger off and find somewhere else to park. I think you get the picture by now. Using a disabled bay is as anti social as drink driving. theft, fraud & robbery. We are given a blue badge as many of us would just not go out. I got to that stage before my wife made me get one and when it arrived I felt as though I had been given back my freedom, so when you next go to use one of these bays wrongly please just remember you are no better that the rest of the fraudsters, thieves, robbers & drink drivers that infest our society.

PS please feel free to say whatever you feel when you see this sort antisocial/criminal act going on by these antisocial people.

Please don't think i condone the blue badge abuse, it is a great and i believe a necessary system and i would think it does get used correctly significantly more times than it is abused by the minority.

It is an offence to misuse the permit, but the law will not waste to much time and effort on it, i know this is true, my other half is a prison officer.

More and more crimes are being treated and punished less severely nowadays, there is not the money or resources to go around thanks to cutbacks from all government parties.

You would not believe what crimes receive a lenient punishment nowadays, including blue badge abuse.

Please don't think i condone the blue badge abuse, it is a great and i believe a necessary system and i would think it does get used correctly significantly more times than it is abused by the minority.

It is an offence to misuse the permit, but the law will not waste to much time and effort on it, i know this is true, my other half is a prison officer.

More and more crimes are being treated and punished less severely nowadays, there is not the money or resources to go around thanks to cutbacks from all government parties.

You would not believe what crimes receive a lenient punishment nowadays, including blue badge abuse.

All our government does on demonstrating that it is helping people across the board is to announce that they are going to beef up the laws on a whole host of crimes etc but that's all it does do. The laws are there already, what it does need is then for the Police to get out there and enforce it but of course that wont happen so we are back to square one and after a while the government will announce they are going to beef up the laws etc etc etc. We must have the largest and most ineffective law enforcement agency in the world.

PS I never thought for one minute you condoned it. Mike

Yes. I guess they are making the car spaces narrow. The annoying thing is they are putting ballads aswell so the car has to stick out. I am lucky with three kids that I get to park in the father toddler spot. Lol.

I haven't driven it for a week. I think I'll drive to London and Slough on Wednesday. Yeh that's a great idea.

Ifty

I did that the other day

Just jumped in and went for a drive. It's lovely to drive

Girlfriend likes it cos its comfy however hates it because it is boring !!!

Your girlfriend isn't Jeremy Clarkson is she? Because he/she thinks it's boring as well.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links