Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Heater

Interesting question - mine warms up a lot quicker than my last car. The first couple of miles of my journey to work are a bit stop start, but it probably takes 3-4 mins, or about 2 miles, in my estimation. The heated seats warm up quicker, which is nice...

How hot are you expecting it? (if it's possible to descibe :huh: ) Mine is only what I'd call hot when it's turned fully clockwise. Less than that and it's more 'warm', but I've put that down to the climate control...

Have you checked how much water is in the cooling system? If you're low on water, that sometimes (ironically) causes a lack of heater temperature...

Have you checked the thermostat? If it's stuck open that might stop the temperature warming up enough - does it get hot when idling?

Don't be paranoid - it's annoying when something doesn't behave how you know it should...

Sounds like you've covered everything!

I really wish the LCD didn't say "Outside Temp" with the implication that somehow there's a way to display the "Inside Temp". It would make it an awful lot easier to compare temperatures! :rolleyes:

If i have it on auto about a mile in it starts to slowly come on. However if i put the temp full and the blower on the air is warm within a minute or so. I normally do this if im desperate for some heat!

Talking of this. How can i check my thermostat is accurate? I feel i need mine on about 24c to be at a nice temp but 24c seems high. I also have a servo type rattle coming from behind the dash quite often

• 2 weeks later...

Talking of this. How can i check my thermostat is accurate? I feel i need mine on about 24c to be at a nice temp but 24c seems high. I also have a servo type rattle coming from behind the dash quite often

I get exactly the same rattle . I believe it's the heater matrix that can get blocked . My passenger side heat temperature is cooler than the drivers side ... Is there a way to flush this .?

I get exactly the same rattle . I believe it's the heater matrix that can get blocked . My passenger side heat temperature is cooler than the drivers side ... Is there a way to flush this .?

ah i see. Its since i fitted my grom so thought i didnt put something back right. ill have another look behind there sometime. pretty sure my passenger is same though visa versa

getting back to the old chestnut of cool air blowing from the n/s air vent. if the two heater matrix rubber pipes in the engine compartment are both hot could the matrix still be partley blocked.and if so will continuous flushing unblock it

I tried to get the 2 hoses off yesterday but they wouldn't budge , tried wd40 but the hoses are solid and fixed tight to the matrix pipes .. I must of disturbed something though as the passenger side has got slightly Warmer.. :-)

If I could get these off I'm sure a hose pipe and some rad flush up that matrix will clean it out.. Any tips ??

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links