Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

I didn't spot that!

The issue I saw was that the first photo showed a mk4 dash, with D-4, 3, 2, L - but the other photos showed a mk3 stereo/climate and 4 speed shifter - D-3, 2, L.

Hmmm?

• Like 1

Ah, I stopped looking after spotting the wheels!!

Maybe we could have a spot the difference competition?

The dash is an odd one though, as it contains the correct mileage, I don't know what a mk3 dash looks like though, so would never have got that one.

The wheels are mk4 I think, standard and DHP model possibly?

Ever since buying my MK4 I have continued to look at the market on eBay, auto trader and gumtree. I am very happy with my purchase, and haven't seen anything match it yet.

I'm sure there may be a reasonable explanation as to why the pics "appear" to show 2 different cars (drivers side rear wheel visible in 2 photos, different wheel in both - different dash, etc) - but it makes you wonder why people aren't exactly transparent about things? It's just stupid.

• Like 1

Tim is right, the instruments are those of a Mk 4 but the car, from the outside looks like a Mk 3 with Mk 4 wheels. I also notice that the picture of the radio is that of a Mk 3. Something is certainly not right here. Could this be a 'bitsa' LS 400?

Sometimes during a crossover period there may be a few lucky people that get parts from facelifted version whilst the rest of the car remains an older version.

100% not in this case though!

That's great - maybe has saved a little embarrasment on both sides. Good luck with your sale!

Often seeing examples with such high mileage absolutely fills me with glee.

O.K. Chaps--Mine is a 97 the gears are D,3,2,L as this is a 96 it will be the same I have sent him a Msg asking about the difference, Tim you must have eyes like a HAWK!!!

AND I have responded :whistling:

The mileage is still wrong in the main details panel mate.

O.K. Chaps--Mine is a 97 the gears are D,3,2,L as this is a 96 it will be the same I have sent him a Msg asking about the difference, Tim you must have eyes like a HAWK!!!

I know but I was unable to alter it. Anyway to remove it now would confuse those reading my amendment and if I removed both it might be thought my mistake was on purpose

I know but I was unable to alter it. Anyway to remove it now would confuse those reading my amendment and if I removed both it might be thought my mistake was on purpose

Yeah, I see your predicament.

Daft that you can't amend it though, especially when you consider what that bloke from Walsall can get away with on his classified ads.....he changes the whole vehicle on a regular basis before the ad ends.

Good luck with your sale anyway.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links