Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

One Lady Owner, 43K Mk4 Ls On Ebay.

For that price, I would expect it to be prepared to perfection. I would not expect grubby seat belts and damage to paintwork at the corners and mirrors. This chap had another LS400 for sale a while back. It looked like a decent car and well priced, but it took him ages to sell it

it would have to absolutely faultless for that money,plenty of cars at half that money,which would give

the same pleasure and experience,just cos its alot of money does'nt make it good or any better

Me too. Actually i like the car and have just seen the new pics he's uploaded. Definately not paying that much for it.

Just as a seperate question can someone confirm from the maintenance schedule what the actual timing belt replacement schedule is? I used to work for a toyota / lexus call centre back in the early 2000's and my understanding and what the dealers told us was its 60k miles or 6 years?

Thanks

I thought it was 90k but please don't quote me on that. In terms of values, I think we have learnt that nothing has an absolute value. But I agree with others here, that is overpriced by some way but it does look in good nick. Let's hope it goes to a good home.

And i did read somewhere......... ages ago now, that the " break/ destruction " point for the belt is actually 150k miles.

Such is the build quality of these cars and components. :shifty:

Malc

I read the service life of the belt is 150k I have never heard of one going unless the water pump fails. If you do a lot of around town work or the car stands for long periods this would have an adverse effect on the belt. Normal mixed mileage or motorway use wil be much kinder. The vvti engine is 90k or 10 years recommended non vvti 62k or 6 years (info came from a Lexus mechanic I trained to drive a truck).

My penny's worth just to confuse matters more :whistling:

Fellow LOC members will be relieved to learn that behavioural economists in Cambridge are making rapid advances on the subject of the correct intervals for timing belt changes. The following variables appear to be relevant:

M=money in the bank

m=miles since last change

t=years since last change

s=propensity to save

Latest observations seem to indicate that frequency of change is in direct proportion to M and in inverse proportion to m, t, and s. It is rumoured that the results will be published in a forthcoming book entitled "The General Theory of Cams, Interest and Money." It is also speculated in academic circles that the author or authors of this seminal work will become instantly eligible for the Nobel Prize in Economics.

I must point out, however, that there is a dissident current that says that all the foregoing does not apply and that "it is all in the genes." The importance of DNA in all this is based on the fact that many amateur mechanics when attempting to change the timing belt by themselves have ended up with a double helix in their hands.

Cheers

Pepe

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links