Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Another New Ct200H Advance Owner

Dave_5150

Hi all,

I took delivery of a 10 month old Artic Pearl CT200H advance 30 November 2013. Car was sourced through Newcastle Lexus and they were fantastic to deal with throughout the purchase.

Very impressed so far and have average 55.4MPG over the 1,000 mile or so I've had the car. I don't doubt that the published figures are achievable either as I've seen 68.1 over the first 40 miles of one tankful of petrol but the winter cold starts are pushing that down a bit. I'm very pleased as anything over 50MPG combined with the fantastic 3.9% finance offer was going to mean that the car paid for itself compared to my previous car.

The service plan is very inexpensive too, though in fairness the service schedule is rather basic anyway so it should be. But at around £25 a month for just over two years to cover the next three services I'm happy.

The Advance model has a great specification and will be kept standard (other than my current change of my car icon to the Tardis :)). Oh and I've changed the low and high beams to upgraded bulbs (though I feel they're actually worse than the standard Osrams so I'll swap them back at some point!). Thinking about it the dealership had also added aftermarket rear sensors as the early Advanced only had the camera (they're not the best but they cost me nothing and they work).

After 20 odd years of performance car ownership this first month has been something of a revelalation. I'm impressed with the car and the brand / dealerships. Early days but can see my futuring motoring continuing to be Lexus Hybrid based (especially given the recent release of the gorgeous IS300H saloon!).

Cheers

Dave

Welcome Dave,

Saw my first Arctic Pearl in the 'metal' this week and the colour looked brilliant in the bright sunshine. My neighbour who works at Toyota has just has a new Auris Touring in Pearl White and he was really disappointed with the colour not looking in his words anywhere near as good as the Lexus one.

I should not worry too much about the aftermarket sensors, the factory ones aren't brilliant - especially the front ones - and I just rely on the Camera. This was one of those things I thought would be a real gimmic - but now hate driving a car without it. How do you get on with the one in the rear view mirror on the Advance, as mine is on the big Sat Nav screen?

That servicing deal sounds good - I haven't checked how much Lexus charge but I bet it is not cheap. Mine is due it's first 10,000 in a few weeks - I recon it will need to go in three times a year so glad it's a company car!

It was an Advance Model that I fist saw in the showroom when I went to have a look - not knowing much about them at the time I presumed it was the top model - it being so well equipped and the Tan Tahara trim I thought at the time was a premium leather! I was just disappointed that the colour range was limited as I desperately wanted a red one.

the servicing costs aren't bad my next 3 services include 2 major and 1 minor and based on todays prices it will cost me just £800 for the three,my mercedes A class i have just part ex'd would of cost alot more as the next service the 4th yr one would cost me £400 ish then £190 then another £400 so in the region of £1000 for the next 3 services.

Arctic Pearl is great and yes the Advance colour choice is limited (two blacks, silver, dark metallic grey and pearl white from memory).

Reversing camera in the rear view mirror is great and useful as the CT200H is much bigger than the Abarth 500 that I had before it.

My servicing pack is also for two majors and a minor as the car had just had the first service done.

The maintenance schedule is pretty straight forward and I would normally have left it to my usual garage. But I feel I would have struggled come trade in time as Lexus Servicing is essential for them to resell the car as approved used.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links