Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hello all,

Just getting together my mod list and wondered if anyone had any relevant experience or advice on the list:

1) K&N Typhoon Intake - eBay £212

2) Rear 20% Window Tinting - done locally

3) Rear boot & roof spoiler - eBay £149 painted

4) Rear diffuser - no idea where

5) Front lip - no idea where

6) Resonator Delete - heard this is good with stainless exhaust

7) Full Stainless Steel exhaust system

8) 18" / 19" alloys

9) Po-40 auto mirror box - £50 delivered

10) LED interior lights - eBay £22

11) LED sidelights - eBay £20

12) Spring Lowering kit - still looking for what the best kit would be. Eibach for £230 or the cheaper H&R off eBay at £170

That's about it!

Any thoughts?

Cheers

1 / have fitted an oiled K&N filter - results are noticeable

2 / -

3 / Have fitted boot and roof spoiler which was from eBay (could not find suitable from anywhere else) - will post you a pic if you need to see what it is like. Paint match was spot on and fitting simple.

4 / Plan to do a rear diffuser which I have found in a store from USA - will post a pic if you need

5 / Again - plan to do a front lip which I have found in a store from USA - have a few to chose from - will post a pic if you need

6 & 7 / Have had a stainless cat back exhaust fitted - the resonator is noisy and am thinking of changing it as its spoilt the car.

8 / I would like to do the alloys - I like the facelift IS ones but I have just bought 4 new tyres on 17's so will be a while before I look to do this.

9 / Am looking to do the auto mirror closure in January

10 & 11 / Might change the puddle lights when doing the auto mirror mod and my mirror motor needs a clean also so best time to do it I think

12 / -

Thanks for all the info, much appreciated.

I've ordered the k&n filter to see what I think.

I was contemplating buying from a US website but was unsure which would be better. Any chance you could post the link?

I'm still unsure what Lowering springs to get... But will have a search on here and maybe still a specific post up too.

Cheers

I have fitted these K&N oiled filters to all the cars I have had in the past 5 years, both auto and manual and have seen improved results in each.

Vauxhall Astra SRI (manual) I fitted this in and noticed a difference when pulling away / accelerating at junctions.

Lexus IS200 (auto) I fitted it and found improved responsiveness when in Drive - never noticed a drop in MPG - no sensor failure etc.

Vauxhalll Tigra (manual) - Wifes Car - replaced the stock one for the K&N with out telling her and she did comment on what I had done to it as it was quicker pulling away at junctions.

Lexus IS250 (auto) I fitted this and as per the 200 I had I noticed a difference in Drive in that it was more responsive. Didn't notice a difference in the gears but find these a bit hard to judge. No sensor failures

If in any doubt keep your old filter and put it back in if not happy - Keep the old filter anyway as when you need to clean the oiled one then just swap them both over until the K&N one is cleaned.

Its not going to add jet engine power to the car but you will feel a difference.

I changed mine without resetting the ecu - doing this you will see the difference - its up to if you want to reset it - I didn't as I thought the ecu would adjust to the new filter and has done no problem.

I re-oil mine every 6 months as opposed to the recomended 12 months

I have one installed in my IS250. I have not experienced in sensor problems and it has definitely increased the throttle response without sacrificing mpg.

I think dave32 in misinformed:-)

I've been thinking about k&n filter for a while but can someone explain why these filter need oiling/re-oiling??? Ideally I would love to by the f-sport intake kit from the states when I have money to burn lol

Two kinds of air filters:

- Paper based (non reusable)

- Oil based (reusable)

The oil in the filter serves as a magnet for dust and all other kinds of crap. When the filter is dirty you are supposed to clean it (using water) which gets rid of the oil. Hence re oiling is necessary to keep the filter more efficient after you have washed it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links