Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Nitrous And Top Speed Cutout

Hoon

Hi from New Zealand

Has anyone put nitrous onto an RS200Z? Im thinking about it for mine, at the moment it is standard and im finding it hard to find anyone in N.Z thats done this sort of work on an Altezza.

Im wanting to know what sort of setup I need for it to be reliable and not blow it . I was thinking maybe another 50HP would be nice

Im also sick of hitting the 180 km/h engine cut. Is there a safe and easy way to disable the cut out?

HI!!

I have Nos on my GS and have a similar problem with the cut out although mine kicks in at 300KPH.... If you find a way of turning it off please let me know as I'd be curious to see if mine can hit its final drive top speed of 174mph :ph34r: on a private road with permission of course. :whistling:

:zee:

Hey Loz-look at installing an APEX RSM-not only will it record and analyse your performance but also allows facility to override factory speed and rev cuts.... it also has a rpm programmable output which I'm looking at using to trigger NOS at a set rev range.

Check out Here for details-they are awesome to monitor car's performance,and well priced.

Regards,

Gav

HI!!

I have Nos on my GS and have a similar problem with the cut out although mine kicks in at 300KPH.... If you find a way of turning it off please let me know as I'd be curious to see if mine can hit its final drive top speed of 174mph :ph34r: on a private road with permission of course. :whistling:

:zee:

yours kicks in at 300kmh

300kmh = 187mph :blink:

according to the specs ive found, and the official specs listed

HERE

state the maximum speed is 143mph = 228kmh, limited

i would be supprised if you could get the auto box to run upto even your calculated top speed of 174, never mind the mentioned 187mph :whistling:

250km/h is 155mph.

I don't think the GS300 is limited to 143mph, that's just it's top speed. In fact I wonder if the GS300 has a 155mph limit as in standard form it shouldn't be able to reach that speed.

Over to you Loz to prove if it's there or not. :ohmy:

colin, I think if you look closely at the picture in my avatar that shows my speedo and rev counter. YOu can see its allready been proved... ;)

And for the doubters I am going to film another run with my GPS reciever in shot to confirm another speed reading.

On thing on that front though:

SAT NAV (GPS) plots you in a line so if you weave or corner its speed will surely be less accurate. Not that I propose to corner hard at 155mph.... :ohmy::crying::crybaby: :yack:

mine hit a wall at an indicated 158. it went from pulling hard, to not pulling. Most gutting. but the apexi item seems to have a cure for that. Now what I need to figure is, do I want mental top speeds or do I want punch midrange that will make me look marginally less foolish in a straightline challenge with an EVO say...(like Monday night, Mat) :whistling: :zee:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links