Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Time For A Change Maybe

The F Sport is OK in my humbleness, but the way the 3 series handles leaves you smiling; I don't think any basic upgrade will make it even close to a 3 series - it's no Sports saloon. Take the ISF - it's brilliant in every way, but the M3 is just that little bit better....BMW have been making performance saloons with straight 6's since the late 60's and the 3.0 engine is probably the best 6 cylinder engine they ever made

True on that one... but it can be argued. Lexus can tune a suspension to handle better than a BMW and the LFA's Nurburgring lap time is proof. last time i checked,no BMW, Audi or Merc performance car or super car has lapped faster than the LFA around the famous ring that's with Ferrari and Lambo thrown in aswell. but I guess Lexus is known to setup their cars more towards comfort than handling this is where 70-80% of our daily driving is spent with maybe 30-20% accounting for spirited driving. where as BMW goes for handling against comfort.

Very true. But we're talking IS here, not a car made from Carbon fibre and a fire breathing engine from the bellows of hell lol. Good point though - the LFA was designed ground up to achieve those things (with super car performance). The IS wasn't...

The BMW handling thing can easily be resolved by putting normal tyres on instead of those Run Flats, very easily.

The criteria is as follows: Must be 4 doors

Must have autobox

Must handle better than my IS250

Must be under £10k

Simple

Then may I also suggest Honda's finest:

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/first-drives/honda-legend-3.5-v6

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/honda/legend/honda-legend-3-5i-v6-vtec-sh-awd-ex-dvd-sat-nav-hft-rev-cam-at/1596523

(for example)

Had the pleasure of driving one for a week back when I was in Australia, and it was such a cracking car. Punchy engine and taut handling if I may add.

[quote

You can own a sporty car and still enjoy it within legal limits.

Of course, but if the legal limits are those set out in the Highway Code, then spirited driving so as to raise the pulse is inconsistent with them.

[quote

You can own a sporty car and still enjoy it within legal limits.

Of course, but if the legal limits are those set out in the Highway Code, then spirited driving so as to raise the pulse is inconsistent with them.

I don't agree. Driving the legal limits on back roads can be great fun.

Hi Ray, I too am disappointed by the replies you have received on this forum, I understand your desire for a more connected car, whilst my 450h is a superb car it is no more than a series of computers flying in close formation and completely souless. You made me remember my Honda Accord 2.2 4 wheel steer with fondness.

Good luck with your decision and a real shame about the mindless comments here.

Regards Tony

If you check hondas history they dont.build overly powerful cars but i always hear they are 'engaging' to drive puts the driver in control more than computer aiding the drive integras, NSX, Preludes, S2000 and even the UK built gen 1 Civic Type R's all have religious followers and punch above thier weights in terms of driving pleasure and performance.

• Like 1

Agreed, and I guess you could say the same about Mazda too; not obscenely powerful or complicated cars for their class (MX5, RX8, etc) but focussed more on the driving experience and making the car as light as possible to achieve this.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links