Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Ok a bit random this but I simply had to tell you,just completed a 10 hour round trip from Dundee to Stranraer on a freezing cold night in a cosy 20 year old Lexus with Simply Red and Bruce Springsteen keeping me company ....Never missed a beat and averaged 25mpg overall with a mix of motorway and A road miles...I have driven some classy cars in my time but this car especially considering how much/little it cost me never fails to put a smile on my face every time I take it on a road trip. I'm now safely back home sitting in my comfy chair with a large glass of wine looking out the window at her and thinking maybe I'm falling in love again!! :lol:

• Like 3

Sounds like a great way to 10 hours, though not so sure I could tolerate Bruce or Mick for the whole journey.

Last year did Bristol to Arbroath, stopping off in Silverdale for a few hours, brilliant scenery, brilliant car, arrived more chilled than when I set off.

(once did Bristol to Stirling day return day trip in a BMW 530D - nothing like as nice as being in an LS - even if it did consume less fuel)

I have been working in Scotland recently and travelled from near Derby to Wemyss Bay,Oban,Perth and Dundee.

Unfortunately it was in a Ford Transit van which did little more than 30MPG and missed the Lexus experience.

There is a guy at work who is always taking the mike out of my old barge as he puts it. He owns a £20,000+ Mondeo. When it broke down, he was stuck for a lift home. The old barge did the honours. He now wants one. He was astounded at how smooth the LS runs. He is now going to try and buy one. Someone else now is converted. And takes back aii the ***** taking.

I have a colleague at work who I give a lift to. She says my old LS is quieter than her X5 BMTroubleyou. She spent six grand on repairs to it recently. Why,oh why, do people buy them? They must be so naive and believe everything on Top Gear.

I've always harboured a notion,that Clarkson and Co,have a lot to answer for,in that they influence the general populace,-in Britain anyway,that buying and owning anything 'less',than a Merc, or a Beemer,is considered passé, -not,I might add,a very mature attitude to adopt,and promote,when a fronting a TV programme-but then,whether Clarkson and his sidekick,Hammond,can be considered mature,is a moot point.......

• Like 2

Iain, I agree, In my opinion Top Gear has been very influential in its bias toward German motors. Most car buyers swallow the hype. Five years or more down the line and some unsuspecting poor sap ends up with a humungous bill for repairs to their used Merc, BMTroubleyou or Audi. Clarkson & Co hate Lexus so much they actually once filmed themselves on Top Gear destroying an LS400.

Absolutely Dethspicable!

Clarkson has started to acknowledge that ride comfort in most cars has been ruined in a bid to knock a tenth of a second off a trip around the Nurburgring. He is right, of course, low profiles and hard suspension ruin most modern cars. However, I would be more impressed by his acuity if the majority of his coverage of cars did not involve screaming around test tracks like a spotty 17 year in an XR2

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links