Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wishing Lexus Made A Decent Large Estate Car To Compete With Mercedes

The Japanese made some cracking big estates, including a Lexus in all but name, Toyota Crown estate, trouble is, they kept them to themselves.

The Camry estate was a big lump, but pretty rare sight on our roads.

Nissan used to do a 280C estate, complete with USA style mock wood body panels, I ran one for a while and loved it, rotted like a pear though I'm afraid.

They also did a Skyline based estate, which I've seen on eBay a few times.

I'd be in the queue for a LS400 estate too.

Unfortunately, the UK isn't keen on large Jap cars, so not worth their trouble importing them I guess.

Here's a 2001 Crown

1999-2001_Toyota_Crown_Estate_Athlete_Fo

That Crown looks superb. Would love a drive in that just to see how it compares with the LS. I've always admired the old Datsun 280C estate too. Hardly any left now, they all turned to iron oxide years ago. The few still running must be held together with Waxoyl.

I remember, maybe 12 years ago, driving a customers Toyota Camry estate, huge and dark green ....... fabulous. ....... was it a 4 ltr too I wonder ?

Malc

I remember, maybe 12 years ago, driving a customers Toyota Camry estate, huge and dark green ....... fabulous. ....... was it a 4 ltr too I wonder ?

Malc

4 cyl 2.2 or 3.0L V6 were the UK options IIRC.

I had the 2.2 saloon, but always hankered after the estate.

Due to scarcity of the estates though, I went to Honda Aerodecks for a while, and, in fairness, they never let me down.

back in the eighties i had crown estates,the first 1975 crown custom estate,had loads of kit for the day

a/c 8 track,electric everything,alot for 75,i had 2 old english sheepdogs at the time,2 kids ,we all fitted in,then i changed it for a 1979 one, a squarer shape ,that had the wood panel on the back,and twin wipers on the tailgate,we had a cressida estate as well,they were all great reliable cars too

Malc

4 cyl 2.2 or 3.0L V6 were the UK options IIRC.

I had the 2.2 saloon, but always hankered after the estate.

Due to scarcity of the estates though, I went to Honda Aerodecks for a while, and, in fairness, they never let me down.

I did once consider an Aerodeck for the missus, not a bad motor, but she got impatient and ended up with Accord.

Having been in (but not owned Merc Estates) I found them roomy but soul-less. One reason why I am not keen on the LS430, looks too much like a Merc to me.

Even once looked at Omega estate, but several people said problems with dropped tailgate after about 6 years, which means I stuck with saloons.

Also with the saloon, less likely to get filled with crap for taking to local tip, and not being a dog owner, not sure I ever want a dog making the car smell that much

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links