Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Has Anyone Got...

Fidgits

I have just invested in a region-less DVD player.. but it was very cheap (40 quid!), and I'm not sure if it is regionless as it claims..

So ideally, I would like to test it with a Region 1 (US) DVD before my next trip out there, to save me spending a fortune on useless DVD's.

If anyone has one I could borrow, please let me know, Im happy to pay postage etc if needed..

And if anyone wants the details of the player, I'm more than happy to post them..

Yeah we've got loads you can borrow Ian - let me know what type of films you like and I'll sort one out for you.

I bought my parents a regionless DVD for Christmas, it was £60 and worked a dream. I know costs have come down a lot know and £40 seems about right.

All that usually happens is that they type in a code to set it to region 0 to be able to watch all films. If you're worried just do a Google search and you'll find the codes to switch from region to region. I'll see if I can dig out the website we used for ours.

Thanks Claire..

I'm not really bothered what type of movie it is.. I just want to see it working before i spend a fortune on DVD's in the US.

This one has a menu system, and it seems you can manually select the region you want, or just let it do it automatically!

It also has outputs for Dolby 5.1 surround.. eek! I can see what my next paycheque is going on.. :whistling:

Right!!! I'm well impressed...

My last DVD player I've had for nearly 3 or 4 years, it was the first one that came under 200 quid... this one, plugged in, was okay, played Equilibrium (fantastic movie).. switched on the VSurround on the player.. and WOW!

For 40 quid I cant believe how good this is! check out the specs:

Multiple Format Disc Supporting - CD,MP3,VCD,SVCD,DVD, CD-R,CD-RW, Kodak Picture CD(JEPG)

Dolby digital

Dolby & DTS SPDIF Digital out

5.1channel Output

10-bit video decoding

Video Decompression: MPEG-1, MPEG-2

PAL / NTSC playback

192K/24bit (5.1ch)

3D Surround (Virtual Surround)

I think i've been left behind a little in home entertainment :whistling:

I've pimmed you Claire.. thanks again :winky:

Maybe he didn't get a chance to pause Bazza....

All the talking he did...

Then his mouth was pre occupied with that large Bangers ans Mash...

:P :D

i couldnt beleive that such a small fellow could eat that much

the food was bigger than him :ohmy:

mind you he must burn most of it off, no wonder they call him fidgits :winky:

Ian.. You should repeat your quantam leap again...

I mean the strange drive to the pub where you where going completly the other way.. and you still manage to get there before us...

Repeat that again... but to Claires house.. and you should have your DVD in an hour ?

Is that the famous hour Bazza.. :question:

I don't know about your pub round the corner, but mines about 2 minutes drive..

Is around the corner further for some people.. :question: :D or is it suppose to multiply by 28 corners.. :P

:D

No Bazza was reffering to a pub that is literally 'around the corner' from me...

And yes, I didn't realise how far into deepest darkest Surrey Bazza lived... so perhaps it is more than an hour away... I know I can make it to J10 M4 in an hour.. so i work off that...

as for the quantum leap... well lets just say.. there are better mods out there than superchargers :winky:

Just an update on the player...

I shelled out a whole 60 quid for a dolby 5.1 surround speaker system yesterday... plugged it in to the DVD, and wow!! it was stunning, and it makes such a difference..

So now.. I have a home cinema system for the total cost of 100 quid.. not bad eh!

home cinema systems were allways a waste of time to me, thought they were all just hyped up and another useless gadget,...........so i went and bought one, they really do improve everything soooo much, now couldnt live without it, :whistling:

whats next Ian the cinema screen :o

home cinema systems were allways a waste of time to me, thought they were all just hyped up and another useless gadget,...........so i went and bought one, they really do improve everything soooo much, now couldnt live without it, :whistling:

whats next Ian the cinema screen :o

I agree Bazza, I always thought they were all hype.. and just a bit of a gadget..

But I figured since the DVD player had the output, (and depending on the Region 1 test), I was going to invest in a lot of DVD's from the US... I'd give it a try...

What I didn't realise is that the 5.1 seperates all the audio, so speech is really clear through the centre, and the music/effects come out of the front left/right speakers..

I have a 28" widescreen TV, so that does the job well enough for me..

I have the Toshiba 36" widscreen Picture Frame 2 with 5.1 DD, Comet have a price tag of £2000 on it ,i got it off the net for £1460.amazing wat you can save on the net......or unbeleivable wat profit comet make :P

P.S that price included a toshiba VCR and a multi region Toshiba DVD player :ohmy:

Spent a small fortune on the set up @ home...sounds are excellent

I managed to get a Tosh 36" picture frame (1) for less than 800 (Friend at Toshiba :))

I have a set of 5 Mission speakers plonked around the room, Its all the wires the GF winges about!

All i need now is a Sub, looking for a REL Q150E

B)

I have a Toshiba 32" Strata, pretty similar to Picture Frame but doesn't have built in 5.1.

Question is though has anyone got a DVD player that can do PAL progressive scan? My Toshiba DVD player can only do NTSC progressive which is nice with the TV but am interested in getting a player than can to progressive PAL too.

Also if anyone wants to buy a TV, John Lewis do a 5 year warranty as standard with these type of TVs. They are quite expensive, but will price match (not to web prices though has to be a shop and in stock), the normal price for my TV with them was about £1300, but they went down to £850!!

i presume from the last posts, that most of you are using the surround set up directly from your televisions/dvd players

i had a toshiba 36" with digital and it sounded good

then i upgraded the television to a rear projection one and was convinced to buy a seperate sound system even though it was equipped with all the sound system

well if you think that it sounds good, get hold of a seprate home cinema system

the difference is outstanding

its like comparing a cheap midi hi fi to a seperates system

the room will rock !!!!

has everyone got a toshiba ????

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links