Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Delivery Dates

I know, it was the ***** up with the extra 4 months on my current lease that has been the killer. I was gearing to swap for 1st March only to get a proper slap in the face.

Anyway counting down the 7 days :outforcount:

Damn! Popped in for a chat with my local dealer today to see if they could shed light on why its taking so long for delivery. They couldn't as they're not sure they are sourcing it for Lex. However, couple of bits of info, not sure if all true or normal salesman's BS but.......

1. They now have more customers than cars available apparently, so getting harder to match them up, thus lead times are getting longer. The downside of advertising and generally favourable reviews all round.

2. DarkRose and AVS are unpopular options so it is far more likely to be a full factory order and thus take longer than std. Doh!

3. Lexus apparently guarantee 3 months max for delivery if they can't source stock in UK. Dealerships get first dibs on existing stock, fleets take a back seat due to higher discounts and Lexus trying to maintain residuals. Not sure if 3mths is upheld for fleets either.

Damn! Popped in for a chat with my local dealer today to see if they could shed light on why its taking so long for delivery. They couldn't as they're not sure they are sourcing it for Lex.

Mine is coming through Lex Autolease too, and the supplying dealer is RRG Manchester

http://www.rrg-group.com/centre/lexus-manchester

Damn! Popped in for a chat with my local dealer today to see if they could shed light on why its taking so long for delivery. They couldn't as they're not sure they are sourcing it for Lex.

Mine is coming through Lex Autolease too, and the supplying dealer is RRG Manchester

http://www.rrg-group.com/centre/lexus-manchester

I know the RRG Stockport branch. No guarantee mine is from same dealer though. Surprised you know who is supplying, as Lex have historically been very coy about telling me anything on this or my previous cars.

Last 2 Vauxhalls came from Perry's of Rotherham and another dealer in Northampton, both i only found out about when they turned up.

Turns out Lex were wrong, it came from Lexus Bradford, who rang to say what is the earliest they can deliver so it was here at 8am.

Slightly miffed they drove it from Bradford though, so my nice new car has 67 miles on the clock. Hate it when lease companies do that but it's not the first time it's happened to me.

Car looks better than I thought the demo was that long ago, So Happy Days :zee:

Lexus_zps2b9551e5.jpg

looking good. My current car arrived by transporter and still had 76miles on the clock - go figure.

Only another 40 ish days to go for mine.......................hopefully! :luck: :innocent::driving:

I go through the same junction every day - as you say it can be quite nice being in traffic.

I don't get that MPG though, despite doing a similar speed with cruise and in ECO mode.

Maybe I accelerate faster!?

Strange? Don't think I'm doing anything special, I just drive with the MPG showing on the mini dash display, with mindset of the longer the blue line the better?

Don't forget 67 miles was on the clock when I got it. I filled it up at that point. So heading for around 650 out of my first tank.

Woo hoo! Just had a call from Lexus saying that my new and long awaited 300h SE with premium nav and sonic titanium is just 1 hour away! Originally told that stock date would be mid July then revised to 3 June so a mid-point compromise is good with me. I ordered late March. Photos to follow...

Loving the new car. It is getting quite a bit of attention off the neighbours and general passers by.

So far I've only done 160 miles and with a mixture of motorway and town, economical driving and playing with the paddles and I've averaged 47.3mpg

I'll take that as it is so new. Off to Kent on Tuesday (from south wales) so will be interested to see what it does on a long run...

• 3 weeks later...
just as well that they are mostly covered in protective plastic during the shipping process which would go a long to to safeguard the paintwork.

Down to 20 days till I get behind the wheel of mine..

Wooohooooo! Finally, car is at dealers and can be delivered from 29th July. Only 7 more sleeps! That will make it 5 mths virtually to the day from order to delivery. Cannot wait. :D :zee: :driving:

Well all confirmed for Tues delivery, only 2 more sleeps! Appears mine is coming from same dealer as Blisteringblue, RRG Bradford. Tried every trick to get it this wkend, but couldn't as it isn't officially register till Tues apparently. I hope they don't drive it too me, but this is probably the method of delivery apparently. So at least 100m on clock before I get it. :-( And Tues wiped out as a day of work! :hehe:

Will be sorry to see the trusty Astra go, 102k and still going like a train. That feeling will probably last till about 5mins after delivery..........

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links