Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Productive Day! :-)

Who knows why they used yellow halogen bulbs mate. ;)

They did some LED's in the interior, but not all of them?! :(

I'm guessing the bean counters got their way by cutting things they could that weren't easily noticed!

The dashboard is another letdown that a lot of journalists criticised. Think they could have done something with suede or leather to alter it from the normal IS design. Then again the rear armrest was a big failure as well in terms of aesthetics.

Do like the F embossed headrests on the US models. Hoping to source a set at some point.

The sidelights I bought are very good though.

Going to get some fog and main beam replacements soon to finish it off. :)

Who knows why they used yellow halogen bulbs mate. ;)

They did some LED's in the interior, but not all of them?! :(

I'm guessing the bean counters got their way by cutting things they could that weren't easily noticed!

The dashboard is another letdown that a lot of journalists criticised. Think they could have done something with suede or leather to alter it from the normal IS design. Then again the rear armrest was a big failure as well in terms of aesthetics.

Do like the F embossed headrests on the US models. Hoping to source a set at some point.

The sidelights I bought are very good though.

Going to get some fog and main beam replacements soon to finish it off. :)

I like the armrest in the back but the plastic bit shud be the same as the front console I think .

I think everything else is ok to be honest just the bulbs lol .fussy Pete ha

No David, it should be like this:

97b2b4b6e9d17d29da3bafaa76397292_zpsb9ea

As should the front centre console, and door switch covers!! ;)

Fussy?! Moi?! Lol.

Just used to getting things the way I like mate. So much choice with the Supra's. Plenty of aftermarket goodies, unlike the IS-F.

I'll get it the way I want though. ;)

No David, it should be like this:97b2b4b6e9d17d29da3bafaa76397292_zpsb9ea

As should the front centre console, and door switch covers!! ;)

Fussy?! Moi?! Lol.

Just used to getting things the way I like mate. So much choice with the Supra's. Plenty of aftermarket goodies, unlike the IS-F.

I'll get it the way I want though. ;)

I know in the uk there's no parts available , all in the u.s does my head in .i do love the rear armrest thing though .where can we get them

I'm not a fan of the whole 3M stick on carbon for interior parts mate.

Got a company that will send them to Japan for a real coat of carbon fibre, then a clearcoat to finish it off.

Going to have them do my centre, door switches and rear armrest.

Will obviously post pictures once it's done so others can see how it should look! ;) Lol.

The real TRD stuff that was sold would be thousands of pounds mate! Bit like a real carbon diffuser (over $1K without import duty, shipping, fitting etc!).

There are plenty of UK based craftsman that can do really good work. Easy to forget we were the No.1 coach builders and interior trimmers in the world at one stage. Think Rolls-Royce, Bentley, TVR, Lotus, Aston Martin, Morgan, Jaguar.......

I'm also exploring the idea of having the 'F' logo'd headrests done, as found on the 2014 model IS-F in the States:

5072c28c0d0cc8179edb751b6675ce4d_zpse957

May go one step further and do the rears to match.

As I said, it'll be just right for me once I'm finished with it mate! ;)

Thanks Stu.

It's a water based paint they mixed mate. Did ask what they thought about the heat aspects etc, but he seems to think it'll be fine as is. :)

Will see how it copes with the long motorway run to my folks on Friday! ;)

It's holding up fine so far though (done 50 miles or so with it fitted without any peeling etc).

I doubt there is that much heat involved as it has the rubber underside that stops a lot of the heat getting to the cover.

Time will tell though chap.

They didn't flatten the surface too much, as that can cause issues.

Looks like a trip to you will be on the card very very soon...

Absolutely chap. :)

Will get them installed so you can see how they look. If you're happy with them, you can order yours like we did on the side lights.

The fogs are Cree LED's (like the sidelights but bigger!). Arguably the brightest, best LED's on the market.

Should finish it off nicely. :)

Hi Peter, would you mind posting details for the main beams, side lights and fogs you got.

Did you go for 6k on all sets to match?

Cheers!

Hi Glenn.

I'm planning to post up links to each set of bulbs once I've fitted and tested them chap. Don't want to get anyone's hopes up until I am 100% sure they all do the job. :)

The low beams are 4,300K, so tricky to get a matching rating as most are 4K,5K,6K etc.

The LED sidelights I got are 7,000K, the main beams will be 5,000K, and the fogs will be 6,000K.

The main thing I wanted was a pure, crisp, white light. Not looking for the blue look you see on most cars. The 7K are as blue as I'd want to go, but being so small, and being LED, they look whiter than 7K (more like 6K).

I upped the rating on the LED's as they are smaller than the OEM bulbs, and whilst very bright, the beam is whiter than with halogens.

If I'm right, the match should be pretty close once they're all installed.

Cheers.

Peter

Slight snag with the replacement fog light LED's, unfortunately the housing is too slim to fit the fatter bulb! :(

They are defo H11 size wise, but need to be the normal halogen type like the main beam ones I bought.

Have emailed them explaining the issue, and asked for a straight swap with the Bolts Racing ones (£9.99 versus the £22.50 for the LED ones).

Hopefully they will be happy to do that.

Just as well everyone didn't jump in too quick and order them! ;)

At least we know now.

Will update when I hear from them.

Thanks.

Peter :)

hey Pete, nicely done! bulbs i always wanted to change but soon as i saw how tough it would have been i left them as i wasnt brave enough to take things apart!

But kudos to you for doing so! would love to see the finished lights when it's all done!

Thanks Simi. :)

I'm going to do Roheel's for him for similar reasons, happy to do yours for you if you like??

Be nice to have another IS-F on our street! ;)

I'll get some pictures up when I get the main beam and fogs installed. :)

Cheers.

Pete :)

Hi Peter, would you mind posting details for the main beams, side lights and fogs you got.

Cheers!

Hi Glenn.

I'm planning to post up links to each set of bulbs once I've fitted and tested them chap. Don't want to get anyone's hopes up until I am 100% sure they all do the job. :)

The low beams are 4,300K, so tricky to get a matching rating as most are 4K,5K,6K etc.

The LED sidelights I got are 7,000K, the main beams will be 5,000K, and the fogs will be 6,000K.

The main thing I wanted was a pure, crisp, white light. Not looking for the blue look you see on most cars. The 7K are as blue as I'd want to go, but being so small, and being LED, they look whiter than 7K (more like 6K).

I upped the rating on the LED's as they are smaller than the OEM bulbs, and whilst very bright, the beam is whiter than with halogens.

Cheers.

Peter

Hi Pete,

i ordered my headlamp mains from hids direct ltd, mtec racing quality bulbs, hid look 4300k, 100w, give out 150w,@ £11.99 pair, i have used mtec before v good item. hope this helps anyone looking for 4300k bulbs out there.

I would definitely take you up on that offer only if you don't mind!! Thanks!

Now just need to see what ones I want to go for!

Also have you thought about changing bulbs under wing mirrors?

Hey Simi.

Happy to do yours mate. :)

Will post links to all the different lights I bought after I've installed the main beam and fogs. That way you know they fit and work! ;)

I've actually got a complete interior set coming from the States which includes the under mirror puddle lights. It's all LED and looks awesome!!

I'll be heading back to the States in May (sitting in New Jersey as I type this), so could grab you a set of the interior lights if you want chap? Come over and look at mine once I've fitted the other bulbs. That way you can decide if you want the same look, or something different.

A lot of the US guys went for the yellow fogs? Does look pretty nice on the white cars I looked at? Just a thought!

Cheers.

• Like 1

Cheers!

Hi Glenn.

Cheers.

Peter

Hi Pete,

i ordered my mains for hids direct ltd, mtec quality bulbs hid look 4300k, 100w, £11.99 pair, used mtec before v good item. hope this helps.

Thanks Glenn. :)

I've gone for the same strength Bolt Racing ones I got for the main beams.

Should be a perfect match once the are installed. :)

Will let you guys see some pictures once it's all fitted etc.

Hoping my interior LED kit will be waiting for me when I get home as well.

Got my Hawk ceramic front pads sitting in my suitcase as well! Lol.

Love the fact I visit the US on business quite frequently. Gives me a chance to grab up some parts!

Cheers.

Hey Roheel,

Depends on whether you add the extras they offer. I went for the whole lot including the LED rear brake lights.

Complete set works out at $113, which is about £70.

Here's their website: http://www.precisionled.com/lexus-is-f-premium-led-interior-lights-kits-2007-2013.html

They are actually cheaper now than when I ordered mine! :( Typical! Lol.

You can buy them from eBay, but it's a bit hit and miss whether they are any good or not.

Have a look at the gallery and videos for these guys. Seems they are pretty much the market leaders for LED's.

I'll get some pictures up of mine once I get them, and find time to do the install.

Cheers.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links