Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Productive Day! :-)

If you keep offering these open days Peter you will end up with a street full of F's ;0) I will certainly be popping down with bulbs a plenty for you to install! Would be a good excuse for a meet actually, quite the group of us on here now and this section of the site has become more active in recent months which is great!

Gonna have to take you up on some US deliveries soon too.

You certainly will love the Hawks too, I find them superior to OEM.

Peter the deliver/fitting bit@h! lol

Lol, just trying to do my bit for forum community spirit! ;)

You know you want me to do yours Stu! Don't fight it!! Lol.

Ha! Probably will eventually, once you have botched others F's and perfected your process ;)

Peter the deliver/fitting bit@h! lol

Lol, just trying to do my bit for forum community spirit! ;)

You know you want me to do yours Stu! Don't fight it!! Lol.

Ha! Probably will eventually, once you have botched others F's and perfected your process ;)

Touché ;)

No botching here though chap.

Remember I did my own car first! ;)

The process has already been perfected! ;)

hi all,

i am a bit dissapointed today, when my mtec hid look 4300k bulbs arrived, the bulb is blue in colour, but were advertisd as clear glass, i don't like the blue in colour as this reflects on the lens of the vehicle lights when not lit up, just a personal thing, but i will continue looking for a set of clear glass bulbs to give the mains the same hid look of the dip beam if possible. If they are not available i will probably buy a hid kit to match the dip beam 4300k, Why did lexus cut some corners on such a high class expensive car, most vehicles that have hid fitted as standard have both the dip and main as hid, unlike our is-f's, the same goes for the interior, some bulbs LED some std, why? how much did they save,by doing this, why not charge a few quid more and do it all properly? not half a job or is it something for us owners to do,lol,

update,

i fitted my hid look 4350k main bulbs by mtec racing today which came from from hid direct ltd, to see what the blue coloured glass bulbs looked like when fitted, i can hardly notice the blue colour which i am happy about,as i did not want a blue colured lense from the reflection of the bulb when they are not lit up, so they are staying in, happy days.

looks like a group meet at Petes'!

Also what colour did you go for in the interior light pack?

I quite like the look of the 8oook colour, would look quite nice in my white car :)

looks like you might have to make a list of all the stuff to bring back with you!

Think I got the 6K ones in the end. Thought the pure White would work better with the other bulbs I'm using.

Will have to grab them for you guys on my next trip, as they wouldn't arrive in time for me to bring them back on this one.

Should be going to Los Angeles in May. Can get my buddy to order them beforehand.

Will need to sort the money out upfront, as he's already fronting the cost of my flat bottom/carbon topped steering wheel. ;)

Happy to have a few more IS-F's come to visit! ;)

Cheers.

Pete :)

Think I got the 6K ones in the end. Thought the pure White would work better with the other bulbs I'm using.

Will have to grab them for you guys on my next trip, as they wouldn't arrive in time for me to bring them back on this one.

Should be going to Los Angeles in May. Can get my buddy to order them beforehand.

Will need to sort the money out upfront, as he's already fronting the cost of my flat bottom/carbon topped steering wheel. ;)

Happy to have a few more IS-F's come to visit! ;)

Cheers.

Pete :)

Yep no problems with regards to upfront monies.

Also May is a good time as i'm sure you will have you interior light in before then, it'll give me a good idea what the 6000k will look like.

Carbon fibre Flat bottomed steering wheel, i think i saw that a little while ago, it certainly looked nice but for me it wasn't in keeping of the interior look.

thanks,

Sim

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Sim,

In case you read this, decided on the OEM leather with blue stitching flat bottomed wheel instead. :)

Decided the carbon section could be a step too far! ;)

Will be bringing it back from my trip to Arizona in May.

Should look sweet!

Cheers.

Peter :)

Hey Sim,

In case you read this, decided on the OEM leather with blue stitching flat bottomed wheel instead. :)

Should look sweet!

Cheers.

Hi Peter

Are you getting the steering wheel from Sewells? I can't seem to find it on their site and would love to see what it looks like and how much it is .

Thanks

Andy

Hey Sim,

Should look sweet!

Cheers.

Hi Pete,

That sounds better! Be interested to see how it looks and feels, always thought the streering wheel felt a little too loose in my hands.

Hows the light mods coming along?

thanks,

Sim

Good thanks Sim. :)

Check out the 'Lights, Camera, Action' thread I started.

Just the main beams left to change. Will do those this weekend.

Got a care package from Texas inbound as well with a few bits to keep me busy! Lol.

Pick the wheel up in May. :)

Cheers.

Peter

Hi Andy,

No mate not getting mine from Sewells. Using the California shop that advertises on eBay. It's a lot cheaper, but has had rave reviews from people who've bought them.

I'll get plenty of pictures up when I get it in May. :)

Works out around £400 or so? :)

Cheers.

• Like 1

Hi Andy,

No mate not getting mine from Sewells. Using the California shop that advertises on eBay. It's a lot cheaper, but has had rave reviews from people who've bought them.

I'll get plenty of pictures up when I get it in May. :)

Works out around £400 or so? :)

Cheers.

Thanks Peter...will be good to see what it looks like.

• 1 month later...

Wheels are being refurbed in anthracite grey, new front discs(Brembo's), Hawk ceramic pads, calipers painted orange. Full set of Vredsteins to go on as well.

Got carbon pillar trims and white illuminated sills to fit when my buddy from Texas brings them over.

After that it's just performance exhaust and maybe coilovers to do.

Also making enquiries about getting proper carbon for centre console, door switches, and rear middle armrest cover.

Should be done after that. ;)

only mod I've got so far is a knob like yours

Did you read this before posting?? Did you really get surgery to get a knob like Pete's?
Lol yeh the same mould stu.

Bloody hell Pete after all that you could have bought another and own two lol.

It's going to be the dogs that mate ,

I'm gonna have to get stu a knob same as ours mate , he feels left out lol

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links