Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Need Help

gazza200

Ok i have had my IS 200 sport for about 4 months now, I LOVE THE CAR but when i got it there were some marks on the dash, the hard plasticky bit to the left of the centre consoley bit, under the srs airbagy bit lol. Tecnical aint i? I have pics of this but being from Barnsley and being a little thick i aint a clue how to add them :crybaby: It looks like at some time someone has tried to clean the windscreen with something thats dripped off and marked it. Everytime anyone gets in the passenger seat they look at the marks, lick their finger AND RUB IT LIKE F**K! Can i get this re coated? Or get a new hard plasticky bit to the left of the centre consoley bit under the srs airbagy bit?

I had a problem on my first IS Sport with scratches on the bit you are talking about, it is part of the complete dashboard.

There are 2 ways to fix yours. First get the garage to try a valet on it ( including these special guys that do paint and plastic ). The second is to get them to replace the entire dashboard - but beware with this as my dealership scratched other bits around it and also put on a dash with a whit mark on, thgere answer was to cover it up by putting some coloured polich across the entire dash ) - not good and it looked shiny.

I had a problem on my first IS Sport with scratches on the bit you are talking about, it is part of the complete dashboard.

There are 2 ways to fix yours. First get the garage to try a valet on it ( including these special guys that do paint and plastic ). The second is to get them to replace the entire dashboard - but beware with this as my dealership scratched other bits around it and also put on a dash with a whit mark on, thgere answer was to cover it up by putting some coloured polich across the entire dash ) - not good and it looked shiny.

Thanks steve, how can i add a pic so you guys know exactly what i am talking about? I aint worried about the cost of having it done, if its a new dash then so be it. I knew what i was buying and thought i could live with it :yack: 4 months later i want my lex to be perfect :crybaby:

Gazza, Is it on the bit between the glove box and air bag? That's where my scratches were.

To post a pic load it onto

http://lexusownersclub.com/gallery

into relevant section, then on the reply to this thres click on IMG and paste the address of where the picture is ...........

If its where I think you mean then a similar compant to Chips Away did mine, but then mine is the older painted bit. The newer cars are just matt black there now.

Dunno how they'd do that!

Gazza, Is it on the bit between the glove box and air bag? That's where my scratches were.

To post a pic load it onto

http://lexusownersclub.com/gallery

into relevant section, then on the reply to this thres click on IMG and paste the address of where the picture is ...........

http://www.lexusownersclub.com/gallery/Misc/dash_1

http://www.lexusownersclub.com/gallery/Misc/dash_2

Hope this works :unsure: But yes Steve thats the bit i was talking about :winky:

Have you tried white spirit or nail varnish remover? Test it on a hidden piece first in case it marks and wash off straight away. Try white spirit first as that is less likely to do damage.

Thanks Colin, no i aint tried either of those but reading your post just rang a bell in my head. When i mentioned the marks on the dash to the bloke i got the car off he said it looked to him as if someone had spilt nail polish remover on it! :crybaby: Guess thats what it is :crybaby:

that should come off ok, doesn't look as if the paint under it is damaged.

Does look a little like someone got over excited whilst driving though!! :) :P

At least you have the painted one, so at worst they can repaint it. Think of the poor sods who have the newer unpainted ones!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links