Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Virtually Rattle / Creak Free

200h

at last i am enjoying my ct200h after nearly 4mths of owning it ,last week i removed all door cards made sure all screws where tight and then on top of the plastic water membrane i have spray glued some wadding to help stop the plastic from moving and creaking,and the other is on the pillar for the seat belts ,with all trim removed on the belt piller i have used self adhesive felt and placed it inside of the upper cover to stop the panel that moves with the top seat belt mount from rattling and lastly where the upper and lower panels join they have been felted as well.

hey presto nice and quiet just what i expected from a lexus

My recently departed CT had exactly the same annoying rattles, some of which varied according to the ambient temperature.

My new Yaris Hybrid is completely rattle free, maybe the French CAN teach the Japanese how to build a car !

No matter which Forum thread your read rattles are the main gripe. More to the point you shouldn't be having to do this. Its a LEXUS and according to the glossy mags every car is supposedly quality tested before shipment.(Maybe the sea crossing relaxes all the bits) Like you I have spent a whole weekend on my old IS fixing rattles & creaks as I was fed up with the hassle of doing a 60 mile round trip to my nearest dealer, losing the car for a day & getting it back as bad as it went in. Since then I've had a Yaris & a Prius. Admittedly a lot noisier to drive but rattle free. Now awaiting delivery of new 2014 CT which I hope ??? will be rattle free. Will be test driving it first before accepting it.

No matter which Forum thread your read rattles are the main gripe. More to the point you shouldn't be having to do this. Its a LEXUS and according to the glossy mags every car is supposedly quality tested before shipment.(Maybe the sea crossing relaxes all the bits) Like you I have spent a whole weekend on my old IS fixing rattles & creaks as I was fed up with the hassle of doing a 60 mile round trip to my nearest dealer, losing the car for a day & getting it back as bad as it went in. Since then I've had a Yaris & a Prius. Admittedly a lot noisier to drive but rattle free. Now awaiting delivery of new 2014 CT which I hope ??? will be rattle free. Will be test driving it first before accepting it.

A Prius isn't rattle free. Rattles are a common complaint of all Toyota built cars of the last 20 years (including Lexus models).

I read the rattles comments on both Lexus and Toyota forums and recall those days when the engines/ gearboxes / back axles and tyres on our 1970s vehicles were so noisey that the odd rattle behind the dash or door panel went unnoticed. When was it that our cars became so reliable, so well engineered, so generally quiet that the sound of an electrical cable scuffing against an ABS panel would become a major issue which would drive us to distraction?

I see these rattles as just another major issue for the manufacturers to resolve only to be replaced by another major issue which just a decade or so ago would have been regarded as insignificant.

I have worked at Toyota and unfortunately they do not road test their vehicles for Squeaks and rattles. They rely on part design to eliminate. I'm sure Lexus are the same. I have been to Toyota Japan and can confirm no road test existed.

I now work at Jaguar and ALL cars are tested on a squeak & rattle road prior to leaving the plant.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links