Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just Picked It Up

adnewton

Picked up my CT SE-L (2011 ) yesterday and my first impressions are as follows:-

For

Styling. Has a good road presence.

Build quality. As expected - its a Lexus.

Boot space is good for compact hybrid.

Fuel consumption. 56 mpg on A roads.

Against

No cruise control as standard.

No remote entry.

Harsh ride.

Road noise

Lack off interior storage ( CDs, glasses etc ).

No space saver wheel.

Exterior temp readout too small.

USB socket. Unable to close lid when connected.

Glovebox very small.

Unable to load contacts from Iphone to BT system.

As you can see I'm not too impressed at the moment. Some of the niggles I will get used to but thought I'd publish my first thoughts.

Will post another in a few weeks.

Cheers,

Adam.

Welcome to the club Adam .

Thanks for sharing your initial impressions, could be useful for someone contemplating a ct?

Hopefully it will grow on you!

hi and welcome adam

anyway for your glasses there is a space for them by the interior light just press the panel and the cover will open

as for cruise control i had it retrofitted by my local dealer for £210 ish but you can diy here is a link for you

http://www.ct200hforum.com/forum/lexus-ct200h-general-discussion-forum/118233-cruise-control-installation-imgs.html

Guys,

Appreciate the replies & help.........

I had already found the glasses box in overhead console, unfortunately my Oakley sunglasses do not fit in.

Will have to wait before spending £350 on adding extra's which should really come as standard.

Also had an issue with some paint repairs dealer had done. Repair was poor & had also added some new damage. They have offered to rectify or pay for it though.

My mpg at the moment is hovering around 49 -52 mpg. Not bad, but should improve the more I get used to driving it.

Adam. Re your USB problem. I bought a right angled male / female adaptor from amazon allowing leads to exit at the horizontal. Cost about £4.00. Once you get used to the hybrid way of driving your M.P.G should be in the 50's. Enjoy.

Have a hybrid CT for a courtesy car today.

I have to agree the ride is a lot firmer than i expected. I am not sure i could live with the silent driving at this point in my life! IT is so odd. It took me 5 mins at the dealers to realise there will be no sound before pulling off as it was in Battery mode...lol

Liked the steering wheel thickness. Lack of lumbar support in the driver seat was a bit irritating. Like my ISF, i think you are seated to high in the car. I also assumed things like electronic steering column would have been standard. They are expensive cars. Liked the thickness of the padding on the arm rests, a lot thinner in my ISF. Also like the tray in the arm rest. Could be used for coins, would like something similar in my ISF.I did find my left elbow falling in the pocket before the arm rest a lot which was annoying. I also found the gear shift a bit odd with it always going back to the same location. Could get used to it but still strange.

Overall a lovely car but with room for improvement.

I'm pretty sure I will get used to all the minor issues I'm experiencing.

Still can't use Bluetooth system with my Iphone though. It appears to connect but can't make outgoing calls. System says " not linked" although phone tells me its connected.

This will frustrate me if it can't be sorted out. Will visit my local dealer within next few days to see what I'm doing wrong.

Reference Iphone - there is a post on the USA forum

http://www.ct200hforum.com/forum/lexus-ct200h-general-discussion-forum/121063-iphone-5-wont-connect-audio.html

This might help?? The comment in the thread 9 posted 20/3/14 looks to be the most comprehensive

The USA site is a pretty good source to monitor as well as on here.

Hope you get some help from it.

Adam, regards your original post, I'm baffled by so many things against......why did you buy the vehicle?

I bought the car as I liked the style, hybrid system & Lexus brand. I could list more faults with other makes of vehicle, but just wanted to point out some minor issues. These do not mean I dislike the car at all.

I will be retro fitting cruise control over the next few weeks also.

Adam, thanks, and hopefully from posts on the forum you'll sort out most of the things on your list. You can get a space saver wheel, you'll find the topic on this forum and the part No's you need are there as I managed to get one from my local dealer.

Adam, thanks, and hopefully from posts on the forum you'll sort out most of the things on your list. You can get a space saver wheel, you'll find the topic on this forum and the part No's you need are there as I managed to get one from my local dealer.

It's on my list.........Thanks.

Reference Iphone - there is a post on the USA forum

http://www.ct200hforum.com/forum/lexus-ct200h-general-discussion-forum/121063-iphone-5-wont-connect-audio.html

This might help?? The comment in the thread 9 posted 20/3/14 looks to be the most comprehensive

The USA site is a pretty good source to monitor as well as on here.

Hope you get some help from it.

Hi all,

Tried the info on Thread 9 - and it worked. I also left personal hotspot switched on. Thanks for the replies.

Update

Most of the niggles I had last week are not as annoying as I first experienced.

Had a good ride out over the weekend & can only now list the following as minor issues:-

No lumbar support in driver seat

Small fuel tank ( 9.9 gallons - inc 1.5 gallon reserve ).

Arm rests in incorrect positions ( Console & door ).

Audio screen difficult to see in sunlight ( my poor eyesight doesn't help ).

That's it! Had a good ride out yesterday & averaged 55mpg. Was showing 85mpg at one point following a reset.

Not fitted Cruise control yet ( still waiting for parts ) & will look at spare wheel later in year.

Glad you are feeling better a bout it. I completly agree about the arm rests. if you drive with your right arm your left elbow falls down the hole! Also completly agree re lumbar support, or lack of.

Other than the same things you have mentioned it is a great car. Have to say, i could read the nav just fine...Must be ytour age ;)

in the newer ct's they have a pad on the centre console by the cup holders ,i dont know if you can buy them ,but i made a pad to fit and it does make a difference it feels so much more comfortable when you rest your arm there,with regards to the door arm rest i find its too low and the front window switches are too far forward as when resting my arm the first switches i find are the rear windows.

Read in owners manual that front rear parking assist volume can be adjusted but only by dealer. Mine went in today for some other work & asked them to have a look - they have found deep in diagnostic software that it can be adjusted.

Mine has now been increased in volume.

Just thought I'd let everyone know it is adjustable if you find it too quiet.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links