Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lights, Camera, Action!

Hey Guys,

So I had a fairly productive weekend on the car again. :)

Managed to install my Precision LED lights, and my new fog bulbs. Just the main beams left to do. ;)

Thinking I should get them done on Saturday if the weather is reasonable.

The pictures really don't do them much justice. You need to see them in person at night (obviously!) to get the full effect.

Installation was generally straightforward, although you need to be meticulous and take your time to avoid any damage. Unsuprisingly the puddle lights were the trickiest bit. Not so much the dis-assembly, but the fact the LED's they sent were longer than the OEM halogen's. Takes plenty of fiddling and testing to get them spot on.

Have also seen what someone said about the initial flickering. This is due to the halogen's getting increasingly brighter when you open the door for example. LED's can't do that. It's on or off really. I'm not fussed as it is only for maybe a second, then you get full LED brightness. :)

Let me know what you think. Cheers!

Peter :)

4dce1fd847fa70586b6a1ee1b861e73f_zps4da4

80049ebf31c70a36a06a5e45c3d977c5_zpsbecb

361d57c46403150cef23c9069dd82c4e_zpsc7e5

d134fcb620c05a876c2e93db707d7902_zpse3c7

bfc64fadfb13698500b572609175a88d_zps9f0f

2d8480d027dad0ddf4eff97d0d1450e0_zps03b7

304c45ec4482c5c43dc09cc470230b56_zps6f27

e26e1617d096103062d9251af6e53ed2_zps1329

6f877f0b0acba6794f7b01f37970ab34_zps9777

b83212edba0d32c61eefe672f778cb84_zps3931

332a4507c92440bb59e7845a4dcf52f4_zpsfb8e

The reverse lights are amazing!! Really bright and crisp. Check out the rear view camera shot. Really has helped illuminate things behind the car when reversing.

Fogs are a very good match colour wise with the dipped beam's.

• Like 1

Cheers guys. :)

You'll get a better feel of just how much brighter and crisper they are over the OEM lights when you see them in the flesh. Really do make a massive difference!

I went for the 8K's Roheel. I ordered the works as well (basically everything they offer for the IS-F from the website!).

You should get:

Reverse Lights, LED interior package, license plates, trunk, vanity mirror, puddle lights.

You can add the interior trim tools as well (should still be free I believe).

Mine worked out at $184.14 including taxes, but think they are cheaper at the moment? Will have to add import taxes, shipping to the UK etc on top.

If not, I am due over to the States in May. Could probably grab a couple of sets while I am over there if anyone wants one??

Cheers.

Pete,

how did you fit the front interior LED light, how do you get the light unit apart to change the bulbs, as i can't see anything obvious to make a start on taking it apart, and dont want to damage or mark the unit without knowing what i am doing

cheers for any help/info on this

Mark

Hi Mark,

This video is very useful:

We don't have the sunglasses holder on our cars, but you remove the front plastic part carefully with a trim removal tool to expose the 2 Philips head screws behind. The bulbs twist out, and you pull them out of the holders. Then insert the LED replacement. Test it before you reinstall the unit back into the roof lining.

The Precision kit comes with 3 trim tools to prevent damaging the plastics. If you want to try other bulbs, I can highly recommend a set of these from eBay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BOJO-SET10-10-PIECE-PLASTIC-TRIM-REMOVAL-TOOL-SET-/290584128401?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Safety_Security&hash=item43a829eb91

Mine have been a real god send! So much safer than screwdrivers! ;)

Let me know if you need anything else mate.

Cheers.

You have been busy mate well done looks smart .

Cheers David. :)

I'm pleased with my progress so far.

Plenty more to come though mate. ;)

Not looking forward to doing the rear bumper reflector additional brake light conversion! Got to get the bumper off for that job! Looks awesome when it's done though.

You have been busy mate well done looks smart .

Cheers David. :)

I'm pleased with my progress so far.

Plenty more to come though mate. ;)

Not looking forward to doing the rear bumper reflector additional brake light conversion! Got to get the bumper off for that job! Looks awesome when it's done though.

Yeh I've seen that done on the Internet somewhere .looks awesum , I was thinking of doing that one myself .

Hi Peter

Yours look great and seems to make a real differance, particulaly the reversing lights.

Would be handy if you could pick me up a set of the interior and exterior Precision bulbs next time your in the States in May. Couldnt see a link for the license plate bulbs though, did you get these in the UK?

Thanks

Steve

Hey Steve,

That's two sets I'll need to grab in May so far! ;)

Just need to decide on whether you want the 6K or 8K (mine are the 8K).

Not sure what you mean about the license plate bulbs?? Mine are still OEM mate.

May look brighter due to the LED reverse lights? They really are powerful compared to stock! ;)

I'll need to get some prices from my buddy in LA for the kits. Think he gets a small discount having already placed an order with them! Lol.

Will get back to you chap. :)

Cheers.

Peter

Also changing main beams was just purely aesthetic? Or do they perform better than OEM?

I'll have to do some research to see about brake lights in bumper, i have not heard about this mod.

Awesome discount! perhaps even more so if we bulk order?

Hey Sim,

Main beams should be more powerful, in addition to being a closer colour match to the dipped ones. Haven't fitted them just yet, but should be done first thing Saturday morning.

The additional brake lights in the rear bumper reflectors look great chap. More importantly, they add an extra level of safety, by making other drivers behind you more aware when you're braking. :)

I'll ask my buddy in LA to contact Precision regarding a group buy/discount. With your interest, that would make 3 sets so far. :)

Cheers.

Peter

Hey Sim,

Main beams should be more powerful, in addition to being a closer colour match to the dipped ones. Haven't fitted them just yet, but should be done first thing Saturday morning.

The additional brake lights in the rear bumper reflectors look great chap. More importantly, they add an extra level of safety, by making other drivers behind you more aware when you're braking. :)

I'll ask my buddy in LA to contact Precision regarding a group buy/discount. With your interest, that would make 3 sets so far. :)

Cheers.

Peter

I would have a set for the bumper mate if it happens please

Hey Steve,

That's two sets I'll need to grab in May so far! ;)

Just need to decide on whether you want the 6K or 8K (mine are the 8K).

Not sure what you mean about the license plate bulbs?? Mine are still OEM mate.

May look brighter due to the LED reverse lights? They really are powerful compared to stock! ;)

I'll need to get some prices from my buddy in LA for the kits. Think he gets a small discount having already placed an order with them! Lol.

Will get back to you chap. :)

Cheers.

Peter

Thanks Peter, i'll go for the 8k ones please. Let me know if you need any wedge before you go.

Thanks

Steve

Hey Sim,

Cheers.

Peter

Hi Pete,

Yeh put me down for some 8K whole interior light pack and reverse lights.

While looking at the bumper reflector lights i cam across these LED tail lights.

Toyota-Lexus-Bumper-Light-12.jpg

I think they look quite outstanding, but trying to source where they sell them is near impossible.

Oh and those bumper reflector lights look awesome! But also complicated, nonetheless i am very interested in them!

thanks

Sim

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links