Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2014 Bmw M235I Vs Lexus Is-F Drag Race: Mighty V8 Vs Inline-6 Turbo

I'd seen that video before and have to say the result is no surprise. Having owned a IS-F and now in a 135i not a million miles from the 235i, I have to say the 135i is pretty quick out the blocks and certainly feels on a par, despite the official figures up-to and past 60. no doubt the extra power of the IS-F would help as the speed comes on and the weight difference becomes less important.

I am a huge fan of the IS-F, but these BMW turbo charged 6-cylinders are pretty impressive, mine sounds pretty good too. Howls at high revs, pops a and bangs from the exhaust between gears etc. Its proper characterful in fact. however BMW do seem to have managed to engineer out all the authentic noises of the latest crop though which is weird.

I think I may have decided on my next car (won't be for a few years mind!).

Going for the Audi RS6 C6 model (2008-2010).

With a remap and simple mods it produces a mind boggling 700+ HP!

It's also a V10. ;)

Stunning motors with the same sleeper like qualities of the IS-F.

It's either that or a newer IS-F. Will see how the finances look in a few years!!

I'm liking the new RC-F. But I also don't mind the Audi RS5. One of them maybe my next car. I don't know if I'll ever go to BMW, just love the V8 noise of the IS-F!

I agree , and to be honest I think i will always try to own an isf , Lexus are just great well built cars , simple .

Hopefully your bank account will grow up as well if you do go for the GTR! ;)

Paul Whiffin of Whifbitz has one. Running costs, replacement clutches, gearbox software upgrades etc..... costs a small fortune!!!

The RS6 on the other hand looks to be similar to our cars in terms of servicing costs.

Couldn't believe a few simple mods will unleash over 700HP! That's a lot! ;)

I do love the GTR as well though. Just not practical with kids.

Would need a second car for family duties if I do go down that road.

The Audi would do both.

I'm still loving my IS-F though. May just get a newer version. A 2012/13 plate maybe. :)

Hopefully your bank account will grow up as well if you do go for the GTR! ;)

Paul Whiffin of Whifbitz has one. Running costs, replacement clutches, gearbox software upgrades etc..... costs a small fortune!!!

The RS6 on the other hand looks to be similar to our cars in terms of servicing costs.

Couldn't believe a few simple mods will unleash over 700HP! That's a lot! ;)

I do love the GTR as well though. Just not practical with kids.

Would need a second car for family duties if I do go down that road.

The Audi would do both.

I'm still loving my IS-F though. May just get a newer version. A 2012/13 plate maybe. :)

If you could afford to run both for a few weeks you could transfer all the mods as well.

Personally although i like the GTR id rather buya a more 'luxury' sports car like the jag XKR...it a fair while off for me anyway.

There is always the 'next' car to look for.

Precisely Stu. ;)

I think it's always good to have the next car search in mind. Some people don't understand that method of thinking though! Lol.

Won't be doing anything for at least 3yrs (may have some shares that I can sell by then).

More than happy with my IS-F till then though! ;)

I've had a GTR, well my brother has one, and to be honest it's purely a weekend type car only. Due to harsh ride, uncomfortable seats and loud road noise.

It's got nothing on the ISF for comfort, faster yes, like nothing I've experienced before, but to use on long journeys etc... Not so much especially with UK roads.

I saw this video on the BMW site, almost had to register an account to comment but couldn't be bothered.

I would really have liked to see a more accurate race between these two, my main issues being (and a few others have noted in the comments) he hasn't even put the damn car in Sport mode, let alone flicked the thing over to manual.

You go out in normal mode and do a run and then do the same in Sport with full manual there is a significant difference.

I think they obviously wanted the result they got...

I saw this video on the BMW site, almost had to register an account to comment but couldn't be bothered.

I would really have liked to see a more accurate race between these two, my main issues being (and a few others have noted in the comments) he hasn't even put the damn car in Sport mode, let alone flicked the thing over to manual.

You go out in normal mode and do a run and then do the same in Sport with full manual there is a significant difference.

I think they obviously wanted the result they got...

I agree mate I drove my isf the other day hard in normal and then in sport , massive difference the car seems to turn into a monster in sport .really quick , infact really really really quick lol

• 2 months later...

Was the 235i in sport mode and manual?

Not sure but it would have made a big difference to the ISF, believe even as far as the auto box stays in torque converter rather than locking up from 2nd onwards.

Would be interesting to see same race with them both fully prepped :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links