Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Driver Seat Problem

Has anybody or does anybody know where I can get hold of the drawings for the driver seat fixing brackets that fit between the driver seat and floor pan as I need to modifiy these brackets to gain approx 12mm to 20mm extra head room as I'm sick and fed up with my head keep hittig the driver side grab handle, why the hell Lexus put one there *** knows or does anybody know of a simpler way of lowering the seat. No jokes please.

Current seat fitted is the 8 way electric version. All height setting are at there lowest position

Could you not remove drivers Grab handle and cover holes with blanking pieces..?

My mistake, it's not the grab handle, it's the headling frame around the sun-roof, I know this for certain as my head hit it again this morning. Poxy boodly sun-roof, I hate them

I was worried about this when I was looking to buy, couldn't get the seat low enough in the showroom. Advice from Supracharged was to raise the front mountings (as previous post(s)). Raising the front of the seat apparently lowers the seat where you sit.

Went ahead and bought my car and found (with a bit of messing about) a comfortable driving position which has been OK (about 1" between my head & edge of sunroof).

I also found newer (post 2001) IS's seem to have a bit less room than older ones.

I was worried about this when I was looking to buy, couldn't get the seat low enough in the showroom. Advice from Supracharged was to raise the front mountings (as previous post(s)). Raising the front of the seat apparently lowers the seat where you sit.

Went ahead and bought my car and found (with a bit of messing about) a comfortable driving position which has been OK (about 1" between my head & edge of sunroof).

I also found newer (post 2001) IS's seem to have a bit less room than older ones.

I had the same worries when I have a test drive, but I thought I could find a better seat position over time. I've now had the car three months and I still can't get a good seat position without my head touching the headlinder frame around the sun roof.

I'm going to try what Supracharged-IS340 has suggested.

Current seat fitted is the 8 way electric version

Not in the IS it isn't, there's no lumbar support.

Just using the same bad wording as used on Lexus UK web site to descride seats fitted in IS

place washers under the front mountings

Will new bolts be required for 20mm?

New bolts will be fitted so that same amount of thread engagment as before the fitting of the washers.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links