Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Vip Invitation

200h

On wednesday i have my vip appointment at lexus ,this is where the dealer is closed to the public and you only gain entry with a pass ,

are the events worth while attending?? all i know at the moment is there's a £750 contribution given to you against the purchase of a new car,

i must say it will have to get better than that to make me sign on the dotted line,as i have just bought my partner kath a brand new aygo.

I've been to two of these.

It's just a marketing gimmick.

Ok so arrival you get greeted with either freshly ground coffee and muffins or Buck's Fizz and canapés depending on if you go AM or PM. There's usually a short presentation including a video etc....

You get access to the cars, always somebody to take you on a test drive but be warned, once you've had the canapés and a nice test drive, the hard sell comes. :lol:

^^^+1. It is basically just to gain exposure and the whole point is to get you tempted to get a new car. The deals are exactly the same as they will be giving you if you just went in on a random day. Most people will fall for this and to be honest, £750 is practically nothing compared to what the dealers will give on any day apart from the VIP event day.

i know £750 is absolutely nothing ,i have told them that i am probably not going to buy on the day and maybe in the next few months i maybe tempted.

my partner she has an aygo mmt and the clutch was starting to slip,toyota wanted £800 ish to replace it and i couldn't justify spending that money

on a 2009 car so instead i spent £11250 cash on a new aygo for her so money is slightly tighter now than a month ago, i'll just have to wait and see what they can offer me.

I tend to get invited to most of the promotion days Lexus hold.Open road events, new model launches etc I go and drink the drinks and eat the food,grab a goodie bag,maybe take a test drive and then leave.

I drive a 20 year old LS400 worth around £2K on a good day and £101K for the new model ain't going to happen.

Main reason is to take some pictures for the LOC :)

If I am free I normally go, as said above its free food and
drink, only a 5 min drive for me, also Quinton Wilson is normally there if it’s
a new model launch and he is quite fun to talk to normally all about the antics
he used to get up to on top gear.

• Like 1

well i have to say it wasn't worth the time and effort used to get there

Why? What happened?

They ran out of canapes :)

just £750 off the price of a new car plus the small amount of equity that i have in my car then £425 a month when i am paying £209 a month its a big jump

I went to the last one in Cardiff in Jan? Told them on the phone I was not interested in buying for another 2 years or more, and if I did, it'd be a secondhand Lexus. Told them that if they had someone who wanted to go and who was definitely considering buying, to take me off the list. They didn't, I had a great chat, free coffee and sit in the new IS. I think they're getting tired of me . . . I must buy something. . . . a Keyring. That'll buy me about 6 months grace. . . . lol.

One day I'll buy new. I saw my Pension forecast . . . Just another 31 years . . . .

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links