Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Roll On Tomorrow!

Gutted. Got a call earlier to say transporter had broken down and they could still deliver today if I let their driver deliver it. I agreed. Guess what it hasn't turned up and they haven't been able to contact the delivery company. Where is my car

:crybaby:

Hey Ian, you must be so frustrated. Can't believe they lost a car. :(

Hope you get some good news soon.

Here's an update on a week of ownership. :)

380 miles in and averaged 44mpg at the moment (expecting tank range of around 600 miles, not had that in a petrol car before :) )considering it's been very mixed driving - motorways, town driving and slow stop-start in heavy traffic. It's such a buzz when you are coasting along in slow traffic in EV mode. One thing I have noticed is I'm braking sooner and therefore not as hard. The reason for this is when you brake as you are probably aware, the batteries are charged using regeneration. As there is a limit to the power that can be reclaimed, anything over this is lost. Keep your eye on the power meter and you'll see what I mean. It is a challenge trying to reclaim as much power as possible. My wife thinks I'm getting old! ;)

I'm sorting out music on a USB stick at the moment. Trying to figure out album art. Do I store jpeg's in the folders? I know Gracenote is in the audio system and I'm finding out how the database is updated. There is an option in the system and it mentions updating from a USB stick. If I succeed, I'll post the process.

In my IS250 SE-L '09 I had aftermarket media headrests. They were hard wired in for power and had the audio out from the screens into the AUX input so the car speakers could be used. It worked great. I spent a couple of hours in the car last night looking to see how to install. I couldn't find any info to remove the central console, so I set about removing it in the blind. I got so far, but ran out of time. Once I complete this, then I will post the process too.

Hope the rain stops soon, I need to fit the new roof bars for the roof box. I went for the official Lexus ones, and got a discount being a gold member. ;)

I'll update more when I've covered more miles.

Lee.

Ian, I'm sure all will be fine and it will turn up Tues when everyone is back to work. Frustrating waiting though.

Lee, all sounds positive on the mpg with the FSport. I'm hoping for mid to late 40's in normal driving which matches my current diesel.

Not sure if you know but the full PDF manuals for the car and audio system can be found on the mylexus portal once you've registered. They show how to configure a USB stick with media etc. There are also some technical guides for repairing / removing some bits if the car, not sure of interior is one of them.

I think someone stole it :/. Its slightly weird just disappearing and not knowing where it is. Hopefully someone isnt trying to put it into a container and shipping it off to pakistan

Thanks Steve, I'll check the portal later.

I have installed the headrests. Was slow going. The wires go through the seats and then to the centre console. I managed to splice into the power feed of the centre console. Also connected into the Aux feed. All working well. Kids will be pleased now. :-)

Will try and put info in a new post.

Still no sign.

Will be making a very grumpy call to Lexus fleet on Tuesday.

Even drove today to the depot it was supposed to be delivered to in case it came last night. No sign. I tried speaking to Toyota last night and no answer.

Never heard of the likes. After 15 years of Audi ownership hope this is not an indication of things to come... :shifty:

Hi LeeG,

Referring to your post about headrest installation and opening up the centre console. I am having issues with my iPod which keeps freezing and want to try and reinstall a GromAudio iPod kit I had in my RX300. Did you manage to get to the front CD unit? I would be very interested in some pics or advice.. I had a look over the weekend and want to avoid scratching or breaking anything.... Thanks for your help...Mark...

@ianwilson, Hope they find your car soon.... nothing like the long wait for one of the best cars around.! (we have all been through it)..

Hey Mark, I did not get to remove the CD/DVD unit, although I could see the fixing screws. I'll put something together and link you to the post.

Lee.

Hi LeeG, sorry for coming to you again.. We are coming into a Bank Holiday weekend over here in Ireland and I would love to spend some time on the car. If you have a moment to point in the right direction that would be greatly appreciated.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links