Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Roll On Tomorrow!

Just received an email from my local dealer saying the car will be ready for me to drive away tomorrow afternoon!

I've not stopped smiling, and I expect the smile to be on my face for a long time to come.

White F Sport with Premium Nav and black leather.

It's gonna be a seriously long day in the office tomorrow.

Will post pics.....

I think you will indeed be smiling for quite a while! Sounds like a good colour combo, looking forward to the pics.

Click on "More reply options" under dialogue box, then at the bottom of the new dialogue box click on "Choose File" (this will open your photo files),select the photo(s) you wish to use then click on 'attach this file"

Once the photo has uploaded you will see "Add to post appear" click on this to add the photo to your post then click "Add Reply" as normal.

Thanks Steve.

I pulled up at the dealer, and saw my baby outside the front door glistening in the sunshine.

Parked my IS 250 SE-L, one last check inside and a final look around. I really just hope she goes to a good home. Said my final farewell, then headed over to the new one. Had a look round, beautifully prepared as I expected from Lexus. There were a few new cars being handed over alongside mine and I knew I had chosen the right colour for me. Chris, the salesman, greeted me and went to complete the paperwork. Keys exchanged, tax disc removed and vehicle registration document signed over. How simple things are! Time to get in the new car for Chris to run through things. Everything covered, seat adjusted and memory set, Chris wished me many happy motoring miles and left me to it. First thing I did was to take a pic of the dash at 3 miles!post-41382-0-32886700-1400255509_thumb.j

All set, off I went. It's only about 5 miles home, 3 on the A1 in slow traffic. How smug I felt moving along slowly not using fuel. Made it home as I needed to fit the kids seats back in the car so I can get them from nursery. Took the following pics on the driveway.

post-41382-0-70931000-1400255784_thumb.j

post-41382-0-10761000-1400255816_thumb.j

post-41382-0-30856000-1400255840_thumb.j

Kids picked up and home, car then packed to head to the in-laws as I was booked on a Nissan GTR experience at Donington. Nice gentle drive up the M1. Upon arrival, averaged 45mpg.

So, what do I think so far?

It's a firmer (which I don't mind) ride than the SE-L.

Definitely more lower end torque due to the motor.

Still a lot of things to figure out on the car.

Bluetooth to my Sony Z2 works great. Contacts transferred ok. Music plays from it. Controls from the steering wheel work with it.

Just getting the hang of the satnav, much slower input than the previous touch screen.

Oh, and it certainly draws attention!

My first project will be to install my aftermarket media headrests for the kids.

Will post more feedback when I get more miles done.

Lee.

• Like 1

Looks beautiful I must say! Look forward to your further thoughts later. Also, you might want to blank out the reg for security reasons (that's what I was advised to do, confess to not being totally sure why).

Enjoy the lovely weekend weather cruising around!

Looks beautiful I must say! Look forward to your further thoughts later. Also, you might want to blank out the reg for security reasons (that's what I was advised to do, confess to not being totally sure why).

Its so fraudsters dont get showplates made and stick them onto their own car. Except it doesnt matter with us as our cars are so rare!

Best colour by far.

Washed mine early yesterday morning while the sun was still low and the sparkle from the paint was very noticeable. Mine is almost 10 months old now, is left outside and still has a great gloss. Fantastic car.

Its so fraudsters dont get showplates made and stick them onto their own car. Except it doesnt matter with us as our cars are so rare!

Thanks for clarifying that, makes sense.

Pics look great. White suits the car, the demo I had was white, but I couldn't bring myself to order one in white because I knew how often I would have to wash and clean it!

Nissan Gtr experience sounds good too. Pics/report pls?

Pics look great. White suits the car, the demo I had was white, but I couldn't bring myself to order one in white because I knew how often I would have to wash and clean it!

Nissan Gtr experience sounds good too. Pics/report pls?

Its the easiest colour to maintain my friend! It looks clean even when its got dust all over it.

• Like 1

Ehh? In the depths of winter, within 5miles, the white IS I had was 2 tone....... white and grey. White easiest to keep clean, I don't think so.

Ehh? In the depths of winter, within 5miles, the white IS I had was 2 tone....... white and grey. White easiest to keep clean, I don't think so.

I said maintain! Swirls and scratches are harder to see, stone chip are harder to see and it looks cleaner for longer than any dark coloured car.

There's a reason commercial vans are usually white!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links