Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

hi all,

first off my car:

2006 is250 se-l auto petrol

my car Battery needs replacing. looking at the current set up the terminals are close to the edge of the engine bay. all the other battery's that have been recommended to me the terminals are the opposite. what batteries do you guys use, where did u get it, and rough price guide.

for example please see pics

post-23329-0-44310800-1401097543_thumb.j

post-23329-0-36898700-1401097592_thumb.j

many thanks

finest1

Make sure you get the terminals the right way round.

Do not get 'tother way and try and stretch the connectors to the front of the Battery......just not a wise thing to do.

Most companies do both types so phone em to be sure. You don't always get the option to see exactly what you are getting on line.

And get the exact same size so the covering shroud fits properly.

• Like 1

hi all,

this is the closest i could get to the dimensions. the height and depth is same to my old Battery, but shorter in length. would it be any good?

http://www.alpha-batteries.co.uk/battery-type/005l/005l-bosch-car-battery/

http://www.tayna.co.uk/005L-Enduroline-Car-Battery-550CCA-P8399.html

finest

further update;

upon further inspection, the Battery matches the description in the manual. the manual describes topping up the Battery with distilled water. i can't tell if the fluid level has gone below the low level indicator. however, i did see an indicator with three markings: Battery ok, needs topping up (red), (white) needs charging. it looks to be on the white marking. does this mean all i have to do is top up the Battery and jump start it. once it runs it should charge?

thanks

@normski2

i was just thinking to get the car going until i find a Battery as i need it for work. can someone check those links i posted to see if those batteries are any good

thanks,

Both batteries appear of the correct terminal orientation.

Don't know about the ratings of the Battery...sorry.....all that in my book at home.

I tend to go for Varta or Bosch but that's just my choice. I would think any make would be fine in reality.

I had one delivered to work and did in my lunch break...its quite easy.

Here is a 'How to Guide' I put on the forum

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/tutorials/article/199-how-to-change-the-battery-on-an-is250/

We went to Halford for a replacement, looked a good deal. Man fitted for us and then we only had to reprogramme all the window and door settings. I though all batteries were sealed for life so don't need distilled water.

Hi,

I got a new Battery 2 months ago brand new from Lexus and cost me £89.

I did some reasearch and in the end went to the dealer as the price was not that different to others, but had the peace of mind that it was the correct one and the terminals the correct way round.

I would agree with Normski, to reaplace with new Battery if yours has been in there since new.

Its very heavy to carry thou. My car was dead to I had to carry it on the Tube and back home.

hi all,

i thought i'd update you all and close this thread

thanks for your input

thanks to ishaq, its a pity i read your post 1 day late as i had already bought a Battery. in the end i bought an after market Battery. those that are interested its called starting bull banner Battery. a friend at work has a relative that works in auto spares and got me it for £65, £20 off RRP. a few learning points:

dimensions of OEM Battery are:

225mm to top of node terminal

255mm wide

170mm depth

make sure the terminals are the right way round, specify this if you buy on line

i had no clue, major oversight, the Battery needed maintenance. i didn't even notice it in the manual, and the amount of time i have opened the bonnet. i suppose because i had no electrical issues i had forgot about it totally. if i knew, a top up could have saved the price of a Battery, or given me a few months to a year. upon removing the Battery the water had gone down to "low level" so please go and check your batteries and top up if need be

according to ishaq, lexus batteries cost £89. i was so shocked, if i knew i would have bought them as all research was showing that price anyway. £89 for an OEM Battery is good value. learning point: phone the dealer and ask. i assumed it would be expensive!

when your Battery starts to fail, the car won't fire up first time as normal, and you may see errors on the reverse camera, warning signs! check Battery

when i changed Battery, i didn't have to reset windows. i did not lose many presets. this depends how depleted your Battery is. just be aware of resetting memory functions after Battery change.

OEM batteries last a long time. mine lasted 8 years, could have gone longer. my friend at work also has a is250 but a year older, he's still got the original Battery. difference is, his mechanic friend also does his MOT, and always tops fluid up as courtesy. having said that, he rushed and got some distilled water. his Battery level happened to be a little low. i just saved him his Battery.

• 6 years later...
18 hours ago, FATHIM said:

You need 80 / 90 / 100 / 110D26L 

D = current, larger are batter but cost more

26=size L= terminal position

Note: This type of Battery ID numbering system is not widespread in the UK.

also note you are responding to a thread last added to over 6 years ago!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links