Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Learning New Tpms Sensors To 06 Gs300

Hello All

I am looking at buying a new set of wheels for my 06 GS as my original alloys need reconditoning as there in a sorry state , however i have seen a set of wheels (same as my originals ) with good tyres but i am wondering if i can learn the TPMS sensors on the new wheels to my car or do i have to swap all of them over???

Any one done this before , i think i recall something in the manual about learning a spare set incase you have a winter tyre set of wheels.

thanks

Pwack

If you will swap your old sensors to the the new wheels than is no need to reprogram them but if you will have new sensors than the cheap solution is to buy a mini VCI cable with the toyota techstream software and reprogram them, it takes just 5-10 minutes and is really easy or you could go to a lexus dealer and pay loads of money for the same job .

• 1 month later...

Hi Ganesh,

To be honest i don't think there is a number limit because after all you delete the old ones and replace their codes with the new ones and on the techstream is nothing that will indicate any limits. I have also seen your other question on another topic about the tpms and i have used my car a week without tmps sensors and other than the message in the no problem so don't worry about the car going in limp mode and also it is not possible to disable the system from my knowledge. I have researched all forums about that before i bought a new tpms.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links