Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Oops, Time To Confess

VamboMan

Hi,

Bought myself an IS-F in March 2013 from the guys at Lexus Woodford, only just got around to joining the LOC. Sorry guys and gals for the delay.

The car had 10k on the clock and was in excellent condition as expected. Looks really nice in black with rear dark tinted windows especially when the cars's clean. Bit of a bu**er to keep clean though.

This car is definitely a wolf in sheep's clothing, and a very rare sheep at that. Not seen another one in Witlshire just yet.

No faults to report after 15 months, just 4 new tyres last month and a repair to the front passenger wheel arch when a garage door jumped out in front of me and caused quite a scratch.

Booked myself a Father's Day present at Scott and Hayward in July, thanks for posting the blog and pictures Stuart. I'll let you know how I get on with the new exhaust but if it lives up to Mr Dunkie's description of "holy cow" then it will probably be the best Father's Day present ever, sorry kids you'll need to up your game next year.

Welcome aboard fella. Have you owned any other performance cars?

You certainly won't regret the exhaust. It really is incredible and brings out the character of the car. Incredible mod and well worth the money. You will be the third isf to get it done now.

Stu

Hello and welcome to the LOC on behalf of the management team.

Nice choice of Lexus model,only ever test driven one but that in itself was an unforgetable experience.

Before going through my diesel period when I was covering 30k miles per year because of work, I've owned a few performance cars during my many years on the planet although some of them would be beaten by most modern cars ..... Triumph GT6, so low to the ground that I had to step up to the pavement when getting out.... Renault 5GT Turbo with BBR remap..... SAAB 9-3 Aero Convertible with Hirsch upgrade, fantastic in a straight line but had a tendency to torque steer into a hedge if I put my boot down...... Mazda RX8....... Lotus Elise 111R with stage 2 competition exhaust, very loud and fast but hard to get out of if you're not a gymnast.

Thought it was time to mature so bought the IS-F after trading in my Merc C350 diesel, Superchipped of course. So far it's been the best 15 months driving.

Nothing to be ashamed of Janet. I too owned a Morris Marina GT Coupe, traded it in for a Lancia Beta HPE at a small dealer in Kings Norton. Yours wasn't a bronze coupe with a vinyl roof by any chance ?

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links