Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The IS200/Altezza DRIFT Car........

Monster-Mat

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

indeed................however i have seen that HKS do a 6 speed, which is supprisingly reasonable at $5000 for a HKS item of such size

but yes im sticking with the std gearbox, i do have 2 so when one blows i will get it stripped and worked on.

Edited by Monster-Mat

indeed................however i have seen that HKS do a 6 speed, which is supprisingly reasonable at $5000 for a HKS item of such size

but yes im sticking with the std gearbox, i do have 2 so when one blows i will get it stripped and worked on.

Please tell me which HP you had where it blew up, so I know when to stop blowing more boost in it. :lol:

HKS makes one?? :blink:

For the IS & TEZ?? B)

Edited by Monster-Mat

Please tell me which HP you had where it blew up, so I know when to stop blowing more boost in it.

yep, sure will....i have it from good authority in Japan, that the gearbox can hold in excess of 350hp reliably, the weakness, being the selectors.

For the IS & TEZ??

yes :)

hks_gearbox.sized.jpg

Please tell me which HP you had where it blew up, so I know when to stop blowing more boost in it.

yep, sure will....i have it from good authority in Japan, that the gearbox can hold in excess of 350hp reliably, the weakness, being the selectors.

For the IS & TEZ??

hks_gearbox.sized.jpg

WOW!! :ph34r::blush: B)

You have an idea which torque it can take?? :shifty:

EDIT:

Your SIG is :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Was it you drifting with that Golf-Buggy?? :hehe:

For the IS & TEZ??

WOW!! :ph34r::blush: B)

You have an idea which torque it can take?? :shifty:

EDIT:

Your SIG is :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Was it you drifting with that Golf-Buggy?? :hehe:

im investigating at the moment...........but from the looks of it, its a recast gear casing with HKS , so id imagine the gears are straight cut...close ratio..but basically its the same gearbox....visually

• 2 weeks later...

well not much has happened lately .....well due to obvious mobility issues.....

however as regular as clockwork, more bits arrive from the 4 corners of the world

today the boost guage arrived...

hks_boost.sized.jpg

the engine damper from Japan

engine_damper_001.sized.jpg

and i had a go at putting the bits together to see what needs to go into what space, ....ive priced up the new pipework for the manifold.......

turbo_manifold_and_downpipe.sized.jpg

supprisingly the Nissan manifold i have has only 1 exhaust port different to the Toyota engine, the flanges are being made up.....this nissan manifold and downpipe will eventually be sold on

Edited by Monster-Mat

well not much has happened lately .....well due to obvious mobility issues.....

however as regular as clockwork, more bits arrive from the 4 corners of the world

today the boost guage arrived...

hks_boost.sized.jpg

the engine damper from Japan

engine_damper_001.sized.jpg

and i had a go at putting the bits together to see what needs to go into what space, ....ive priced up the new pipework for the manifold.......

turbo_manifold_and_downpipe.sized.jpg

supprisingly the Nissan manifold i have has only 1 exhaust port different to the Toyota engine, the flanges are being made up.....this nissan manifold and downpipe will eventually be sold on

Looking good matt, just noticed this has had nearly 30000 view and the monsta had 50000 which will be the biggest.

I'm liking that Matt!!

Maybe you should run a competition to design the new colour schem for the car? Might be fun and you can have your pic at the end of the competition

im thinking of doing that, BUT the base colour MUST be the blue that it currently is......im not repainting the car again..... :yawn:

ok here goes......

altezza_blue_75.jpg

however i have an idea which incorporates this sceme

47001387_IMG_9929.jpg

the idea i have is like an idea that one scheme has been layed over the other but peeling of to reveal the cammo underneath....if you kinda follow......anyway leave it upto you photoshop experts

or could just do the camo sceme using shades of blues and black....dunno

Edited by Monster-Mat

well as always more bits turning up

these are the 2 low pressure high volume primary pumps that will draw the fuel from the race fuel cell, into the Fuel swirl/surge pot

facet_fuel_pump.sized.jpg

Edited by Monster-Mat

oooooh oooooooh im itching to brighten the colour up.......but what to do....

yes, im bored at home with a broken ankle :unsure:

lip_orange.jpg

Nice..... but change the blue color to silver.... B) :blush:

Silver-Red Mixture is :blush: B) :whistling: :zee:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links