Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Squeeking/creaking From Front

ever since the 'hot' weather arrived in Scotland ( I know it's rare) I hear a creaking noise when going over bumps. Completely silent when cold or wet.

I reckon it might be one of the rubber bushes.......

Anyone had the same?

I had the same issue a couple of weeks ago, it turned out the near side front lower bush completely leaked, so I bought a new lower arm from lexus, had it fitted at my local garage and problem solved

I had the same problem but it was coming from the rear. It was fine in average weather, but as soon as it got hot it really creaked loudly, but it only did it when sitting in heavy traffic. For that reason I assumed it was the heat of the exhausts making bushes hot and creaky. It was suggested by a couple of members that I soak the bushes with WD40 or similar, but I never got around to it and now the car has gone.

Lower front ball joints, creaking when turning and when the suspension moves up/down for me.

They have been leaking, I poked a hole in the rubber with a spike and squirted in some 3 in 1 oil, from an aerosol with the tube on it.

One side has since started up again. I had the top ball joint off while I was fitting a new bottom strut, and didn't detect any slack on the bottom ball joint

I get the same problem in hot weather when the car's sitting in traffic. I can hear a creak when moving away from rest - it comes from the front of the car. Half an hour after parking up (and presumably cooling off) the noise has gone.

I've had exactly the same problem for several years. Disappears in winter and back in summer. Recently the car was in for service (Lexus dealer) and they found (without any mention from me) that one of the front ball joints needed to and was replaced. Only one and they replaced it but the noise continues as before! So I for one still don't know the cause or cure.

Hi,

The vast majority of front end creaks during hot dry weather can be traced to the anti-roll bar bushes drying out. These bushes are mounted on the main chassis frames and any noise generated seems to be amplified by their position. If the creak disappears during wet weather then put your money on dry anti-roll bushes if all other sources have already been eliminated. (Water acts as a lubricant for rubber, hence the reason for an increased chance of a puncture occurring during wet weather)

Part of the problem is that the inner faces of the bushes are not accessible because of the front undershield. Removal of the front undershield and application of silicon grease to both sides of the bush will work wonders. When I first bought my own LS I had a very creaky front end during hot weather - I now smear a dab of silicon grease on front and rear anti-roll bar bushes whenever my own personal creaks and groans allow me to work under the car, which isn't that often these days. The bushes are still the originals and have never been changed. A quick squirt of WD40 will have the same effect but will not be a long lasting cure for these creaks.

Regards, Alan

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links